Windrush

We've now got the Home Secretary saying in the Commons that the Home Office has "become too concerned with policy and strategy and loses sight of the individual". The government are an absolute shambles.
The irony is that that May said they were called “the nasty party” and that’s exactly what she’s contributed to.

I am ashamed of what this nation is becoming at the hands of politicians from all sides that seem to lack any clear moral compass, concentrate only on what might be a vote winner whilst lining their own nests. I have been aware of these Windrush cases for a while and am sickened by the way some individuals who have significantly contributed to our society, been law abiding tax payers have been treated like the worst criminals. Politicians from all sides need to have a long hard look at themselves.
I agree. It’s been building for years and led to Brexit. The worst thing about a lot of this is they are led by the nose by the likes of Murdoch who are money and power led. I don’t think they know how nasty and small minded our country is becoming. Little Britain.

Disgusting treatment and those responsible should hang their heads in shame.

You should see the twitter feed........ Torys calling them 'Illegals'....... mp's saying it was a mistake.

If it was a mistake why did the government agree to

• Fund a repatriation centre in Kingston
  • Produce a leaflet explaining how to 'integrate with the community' once they had been forcibly deported.

You should see the twitter feed........ Torys calling them 'Illegals'....... mp's saying it was a mistake.

If it was a mistake why did the government agree to

• Fund a repatriation centre in Kingston
  • Produce a leaflet explaining how to 'integrate with the community' once they had been forcibly deported.

I stand by my original point but want to add this as i feel it's important.

This is a national disgrace far more than a political one imo and these people have been here through many governments of various persuasions and yes, this current one is rightly copping the flak but many that have gone before could and should have sorted this issue out for these people.

Its no mistake, its years and years of everyone failing to deal with what is essentially a very simple issue and a no brainer.

I stand by my original point but want to add this as i feel it's important.

This is a national disgrace far more than a political one imo and these people have been here through many governments of various persuasions and yes, this current one is rightly copping the flak but many that have gone before could and should have sorted this issue out for these people.

Its no mistake, its years and years of everyone failing to deal with what is essentially a very simple issue and a no brainer.

Its not years and years of Governments failing to deal with a simple issue though. There was legislation in place which protected immigrants from the colonies from deportation ....... this was revoked by the Conservatives in 2014.

Its not years and years of Governments failing to deal with a simple issue though. There was legislation in place which protected immigrants from the colonies from deportation ....... this was revoked by the Conservatives in 2014.

That's not strictly true. The law never protected these people and they where always illegal. Yes the Tories brought in the no right of appeal against deportation rule in an attempt to curb the numbers of illegal immigrants and that can be argued no problem but these people have always been illegal because not one government has ever said differently and that is a national shame on them all.

That's not strictly true. The law never protected these people and they where always illegal. Yes the Tories brought in the no right of appeal against deportation rule in an attempt to curb the numbers of illegal immigrants and that can be argued no problem but these people have always been illegal because not one government has ever said differently and that is a national shame on them all.

The influx ended with the 1971 Immigration Act, when Commonwealth citizens already living in the UK were given indefinite leave to remain.

After this, a British passport-holder born overseas could only settle in the UK if they firstly had a work permit and, secondly, could prove that a parent or grandparent had been born in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43782241

The influx ended with the 1971 Immigration Act, when Commonwealth citizens already living in the UK were given indefinite leave to remain.

After this, a British passport-holder born overseas could only settle in the UK if they firstly had a work permit and, secondly, could prove that a parent or grandparent had been born in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43782241

Absolutely right but the failure to properly document these people and their rights to remain isnt something new and its a failure of every government since they arrived and especially the one in 1971.

I'm not defending this Tory government because its disgusting what has happened but every government has a hand in as to why it is happening.

I'd say the Immigration act was 'law' and therefore nobody was 'illegal'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.