Windsor Davies RIP

Was brilliant in it ain’t half hot mum,also remember him and jack Douglas I think it was in one of the carry on films might have been carry on camping “I didn’t come here for fishing I came for f***ing (just as a horn blows in the background).Also his sort of duet with don estelle on whispering grass ..

RIP but Aint Half Hot Mum rivaled Last Of The Summer Wine as the worst comedy show ever ....

ok i'm not stalking you honest, but your post in unfunny comedians thread makes this one not worth reading ;)

In it's time AHHM was a classic, dated now for sure, but judge it against it's peers of the time, RIP Windsor. (Is Don Estelle still knocking around?)

When such a person dies, the BBC is normally quite quick to show an episode from its back catalogue as way of an homage If it does, someone will have to be have been through it with the PC Geiger Counter first; I suspect a montage of clipped clips and some lovey reminiscing from Gloria and La-di-da Gunner Graham instead.

ok i'm not stalking you honest, but your post in unfunny comedians thread makes this one not worth reading ;)

In it's time AHHM was a classic, dated now for sure, but judge it against it's peers of the time, RIP Windsor. (Is Don Estelle still knocking around?)
Agreed. It was from a time when sitcoms were actually funny.

From Wikipedia:

He died in Rochdale Infirmary, on 2 August 2003 and was buried in Rochdale, with the oversized pith helmet he wore as Gunner "Lofty" Sugden.

When such a person dies, the BBC is normally quite quick to show an episode from its back catalogue as way of an homage If it does, someone will have to be have been through it with the PC Geiger Counter first; I suspect a montage of clipped clips and some lovey reminiscing from Gloria and La-di-da Gunner Graham instead.

I caught a five minute interview by phone with Melvyn Hayes earlier, with a few clips playing without sound underneath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.