Wireless Issues

Glenda MCFC

Last week I was getting major probs with pop ups and was advised to install spybot and AVG, which I did. As it happens the issue was I had a sponsor on my MSN so this has been taken off and resolved that problem. Before I was aware of that I was advised to install spybot and AVG, which I did. But since then I can't keep a connection to the net, its disconnects every 2-3 seconds, so I have to keep trying to manually reconnect (lasts at the most about 3 mins then disconnects again). I have uninstalled spybot and AVG to see if that would resolve the prob (but it hasn't), I have been in touch with Virgin Media and it's not a problem their end, I've been on the Belkin support site and changed the SSID from auto to a different number (not helped). Any ideas cos it's driving me up the wall !!! Funny thing is my daughter does not have this problem at all !! So it has to be something wrong with my login ??

I had this problem, the only way i could find to fix it was to buy a separate wireless internet card that goes in my PCI slot rather than using the inbuilt wireless adapter in my laptop. I think it was a compatibility issue, but i'm not sure, works fine now though. If your already using a card in your PCI slot it might just be that your actual port is broken or has a loose connection or something and you'll have to get a USB wireless adapter instead, this happened to me aswell.

Glenda MCFC said:
Funny thing is my daughter does not have this problem at all !! So it has to be something wrong with my login ??

If she's on the same computer and has no problems then yep it points towards some sort of problem with your user account.

You could always create a new account and transfer documents/music over, letting the settings start from scratch and see if that gets around it, however it'd be handy to know what particularly is causing the issues.

Might be an idea to run HijackThis and post its log at a tech support forum for the folks there to have a look through it.

Pounding said:
Glenda MCFC said:
Funny thing is my daughter does not have this problem at all !! So it has to be something wrong with my login ??

If she's on the same computer and has no problems then yep it points towards some sort of problem with your user account.

You could always create a new account and transfer documents/music over, letting the settings start from scratch and see if that gets around it, however it'd be handy to know what particularly is causing the issues.

Might be an idea to run HijackThis and post its log at a tech support forum for the folks there to have a look through it.

Sorry if I'm sounding thick but who are they and what will they do ?

Glenda MCFC said:
Pounding said:
Glenda MCFC said:

Sorry if I'm sounding thick but who are they and what will they do ?
Hijackthis creates a log of whats happening on your pc, if you post that log on the forum given by Pounding they will advise how to sort your problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.