Wireless

blue_wkd

How the flaming hell do you set this up?? I've just got Sky Broadband with a wireless router thingy. Just set it up on my laptop, but I cant for the life of me work how to go wireless. Apparently I should be pressing Fn & F2, but the icon on my F2 isnt the same as the icon in the book. Theres 3 buttons next to the power on button at the top, & one of them looks like a wireless symbol, but nothing happens when I press it. Any clues?

Right go to start>network connections (NOT network places) > Is there something there that says "Wireless network connections"> right click enable.

Press one of those three buttons thats got the antenna (((i))) Looks like that.

A light should come on, and near your clock you should have a compter with ))) coming out of it. If you right click that and "view available networks" it will look for available wireless networks. It might find a few but choose the strongest one (it will be yours) and connect.

Theres nothing there that says wireless connections. And I dont have an icon like that. I have triangle with 2 lines above, an i, & an envelope. :@(

Hmmm.... Right click on 'My computer' – Properties – Hardware – Device Manager. In there find a network adapters line. If you have a wireless card installed, it should be listed. If its there, right click and properties, and make sure it says 'Use this device - enabled'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.