Wishes for the media in the 22/23 season

Get rid of Spit, Rat Boy, Hoddle, Hinchcliffe, Savage, Tyler, That smarmy **** on BT Sport. Sack the entire BBC Sport media team. Mills, Shearer, Jenas all bulleted. Kelly Scouse has to go too. The entire English sports media needs razed to the ground and then rebuilt. Those Guardian excuses for sports writers....all history.

That felt good.

This particular boat sailed a long time ago. The love-in for the two red shirts is now embedded in the nations psyche.
The collective media outlets in this country threw their lot in with the two afore-mentioned clubs and don't even attempt to hide their distaste for us, specifically.
They treat us a joke and pisstake at every chance they get (Klopp, manager of the year? FFS.).

I remember back in the day when I was young and foolish and actually subscribed to Sly Sports, Soccer Saturday was on and Jeff Stelling made a sneery remark about us. He paused, looked directly into the camera and said: "We can now go over to see what's happening at the Etihad - only because we're contractually obliged to," and the entire panel burst out laughing. On another occasion on a live feed from the Etihad the reporter (it might have been Ian Darke, I can't remember exactly) was telling the studio how great we were playing, how attractive the footballl we played was, how creative and forward-thinking our play was, etc and Stelling said something along the lines of: "So Man City are playing extremely well, then?" The reporter replied: "Yes, and I'll bet that really hurt for you to say that, didn't it?"
Stelling said: "Yeah, just a bit."

It's this sort of thing that winds me up, the blatant favouritism to the red shirts and the total disrespect we get from the media. I wish to fuck that just once in a while City would fight back in some way or another so that we can at least be seen to acknowledge their hostility towards us.

This particular boat sailed a long time ago. The love-in for the two red shirts is now embedded in the nations psyche.
The collective media outlets in this country threw their lot in with the two afore-mentioned clubs and don't even attempt to hide their distaste for us, specifically.
They treat us a joke and pisstake at every chance they get (Klopp, manager of the year? FFS.).

I remember back in the day when I was young and foolish and actually subscribed to Sly Sports, Soccer Saturday was on and Jeff Stelling made a sneery remark about us. He paused, looked directly into the camera and said: "We can now go over to see what's happening at the Etihad - only because we're contractually obliged to," and the entire panel burst out laughing. On another occasion on a live feed from the Etihad the reporter (it might have been Ian Darke, I can't remember exactly) was telling the studio how great we were playing, how attractive the footballl we played was, how creative and forward-thinking our play was, etc and Stelling said something along the lines of: "So Man City are playing extremely well, then?" The reporter replied: "Yes, and I'll bet that really hurt for you to say that, didn't it?"
Stelling said: "Yeah, just a bit."

It's this sort of thing that winds me up, the blatant favouritism to the red shirts and the total disrespect we get from the media. I wish to fuck that just once in a while City would fight back in some way or another so that we can at least be seen to acknowledge their hostility towards us.
Stelling is a wanker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.