With friends like these....

Zabbasbeard

Team supported
Manchester City
The media coverage in the build up to Swamp derby was truly appalling and biased. The papers, the BBC, SKY Talkdribble were all slanting their stories to criticise City and laud United. Only Henry Winter of the Torygraph . Laughably Radio 5Live Breakfast had Kit Symons put up as the so-called “City” voice up against Pat Crerand. It was no contest (a case of Patsy v Patrick), not that Symons tried to contest anything. In fact he just stuck the boot into City saying it was not a happy camp. That shows how much one of City’s worst ever captain and (one of the hapless, blundering reasons why we got relegated to the Third Division) knows about Manchester City. It’s no real surprise about the BBC though who have stuck their boot into City much more since Ferguson started talking to them again after his long sulk. If they had really wanted to have good radio they would have had Mike Summerbee up against “Cow Pat” Crerand. Buzzer would not have taken any nonsense from Crerand, that’s for sure. He probably would have had him for breakfast! Another opportunity missed by the BBC who for some reason still repeatedly go to Danny Mills as a “City” voice. I can’t think of many ex-City people other than Mills and Symons who are less in tune with our club. With friends like these…

There is clearly nothing wrong with the spirit at City. It was great to see City players dusting themselves them down after Manure’s stuffy goal and going for the winner. They took no nonsense from United players all night, later berating them for not putting the ball out when Silva was lying injured. It’s great to see our Boys standing up for themselves and showing their disgust at quintessentially poor Manure behaviour (even if the Laws of the game didn’t oblige them to). Barry’s finger wagging at Rio Ferdinand was indeed memorable (see link). Attaboy!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-v-manchester-city-england-midfielder-gareth-barry-seizes-the-spotlight-at-old-trafford-8565176.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 65176.html</a>

wow what a shite article

i think people need to realise the fundemental facts. what you read is not the best a democracy has to offer. its what it wants you to read.

Just dont read it! i dont! :D

*and united fans, i really didnt realise they were this annoying, that power shift banner! hahaha

Aguero_Element said:
wow what a shite article

i think people need to realise the fundemental facts. what you read is not the best a democracy has to offer. its what it wants you to read.

Just dont read it! i dont! :D

*and united fans, i really didnt realise they were this annoying, that power shift banner! hahaha

I take it you mean the Indy article is shite ;-)

What I've found bizarre, and I'm not beating the agenda drum here, is the total lack of reaction since Monday night. I get up stupidly early so the first chance I had to put SSN on was 5 o'clock on Tuesday. I watched for the best part of an hour expecting some reaction to the match but nothing. I don't sit glued to the channel but it's what I automatically switch onto if I have half an hour to myself.

Since Monday night, I've seen Aguero's winning goal ONCE and that was a used as a clip to accompany an interview with the slap headed ticket tout who was banging on about too many foreigners killing the English game.

I don't want to sound cliched but had that goal been scored at the Stretford End by a certain chap tried for sex offences, it'd have been shown wall to wall as the goal that won the Premier League. I don't think any anti-agenda-ites could disagree with that. I just find it strange that they build the game up for a week only to drop it like a stone immediately afterwards.

citykev28 said:
What I've found bizarre, and I'm not beating the agenda drum here, is the total lack of reaction since Monday night. I get up stupidly early so the first chance I had to put SSN on was 5 o'clock on Tuesday. I watched for the best part of an hour expecting some reaction to the match but nothing. I don't sit glued to the channel but it's what I automatically switch onto if I have half an hour to myself.

Since Monday night, I've seen Aguero's winning goal ONCE and that was a used as a clip to accompany an interview with the slap headed ticket tout who was banging on about too many foreigners killing the English game.

I don't want to sound cliched but had that goal been scored at the Stretford End by a certain chap tried for sex offences, it'd have been shown wall to wall as the goal that won the Premier League. I don't think any anti-agenda-ites could disagree with that. I just find it strange that they build the game up for a week only to drop it like a stone immediately afterwards.

Yes, hardly a mention...they are sweeping our 2nd consecutive derby win under the carpet...rather inconvenient. WELL DONE CITY!

Zabbasbeard said:
citykev28 said:

Yes, hardly a mention...they are sweeping our 2nd consecutive derby win under the carpet...rather inconvenient. WELL DONE CITY!

3 out of the last 4<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:01 pm --<br /><br />
Zabbasbeard said:
citykev28 said:

3 out of the last 4

blueyorkie said:
Zabbasbeard said:
citykev28 said:

3 out of the last 4

-- Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:01 pm --

Zabbasbeard said:
citykev28 said:

3 out of the last 4

That should have read 2nd consecutive swamp derby win...3 out of 4 in the League.

Definitely agree the BBC have certainly stuck the boot in to us since fergie called a truce with them, perhaps it was part of the deal.
You only had to read the sport breaking news during Monday on the BBC website, it was a free for all to take the piss out of City all day long.

As for the tv commentary just before the kick off they were all having a good go at us also with a certain Irishman telling the viewers that the rag mascot looked more up for the game than the City players.

All this made it more sweet when we well and truly fcuked em over.

Shirley said:
Definitely agree the BBC have certainly stuck the boot in to us since fergie called a truce with them, perhaps it was part of the deal.
You only had to read the sport breaking news during Monday on the BBC website, it was a free for all to take the piss out of City all day long.

As for the tv commentary just before the kick off they were all having a good go at us also with a certain Irishman telling the viewers that the rag mascot looked more up for the game than the City players.

All this made it more sweet when we well and truly fcuked em over.

Don't get me started on the man beneath the big red head.

If Rooney, Wellbeck or Van Persie would of scored Agueros goal it would of been on News at Ten, Breakfast TV, Sky sports news every ten seconds and for the next five years and even Loose fucking women !!

If we win the league for the next 50 years on the bounce and 25 Champions League trophies the country, the British media etc will still wank themselves over the Busby Babes of

We have to accept that and move on, eventually we will win this war

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.