with the CL draw almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
squirtyflower said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Not in this group Squirty.
This is where we exorcise that fuckin demon.
after 48 years of following City there will never be an exorcism
Having seen your furrowed brow I can understand your reticence but please be allow us youngsters to drink from the font optimism.

If City can win the first two games of the group, I would favor them to win the group. I'm bullish on City's prospects with this draw and scheduling. CSKA Moscow could be a slip up if the team is not up for it.

Колобок said:
Ignashevich is the best Russian CB, exceptional positionally, but getting old and his speed is starting to go.
Honda is one of the best attacking midfielders in Russian league, he possesses mean mean shot.
Wernbloom is a pitbull of a holding MF, he will also try to take the piss out of our players.
Dzagoev is a great young AM/winger, capable of pulling great moves, shoots well, but is very inconsistent and sometimes needs to give his head a good shake.
Akinfeev is a world class goalkeeper, a possible gamebreaker. splendid reaction, unbelievable ability to send long balls. can get mad though, and can be caught out of position.
Doumbia is a power forward, always looks for a breakaway, good finisher.
others are quality enough players, most are workhorses, the team is well-known for its ability to squeeze result out of an even game. they have big balls.
they are about to sign Brazilian striker Vitinho to replace the departed countryman Vagner Love, don't know anything about the kid, though they reportedly won him over some big clubs.
Hmm. They might give us a tougher time than I thought. Still, I'm sure they are more scared of our squad than we of theirs.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Hmm. They might give us a tougher time than I thought. Still, I'm sure they are more scared of our squad than we of theirs.
they are never scared of anybody. gave hell to RM at home equalizing in injury time and went on to have an open game with them away (were thrashed but still).

Колобок said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
they are never scared of anybody. gave hell to RM at home equalizing in injury time and went on to have an open game with them away (were thrashed but still).

not to long ago city gave RM a scare at there place a did ok a home in CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.