Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Cancelo will come in at left back (or even Ake) but Mendy will play his fair share of games. I feel for Mendy though because he was sensational at Monaco and looked brilliant for us in his first few games before being injured. His injuries have killed his pace.
Agree with what you say about his injuries
He’s been unlucky and the club have invested heavily in him hence the reason he will get gametime. The hope is he will recover in time but I’m beginning to wonder if this will happen...
I hope it does but currently would like Cancelo get a fair pop at LB.

I think he's had enough of the same shit week after week from our press - did they manage to ask about Messi. Foden, and CAS?

They were asking some generic questions about the importance of having a performance like that in the first match, and tactical decision to use Rodri and Dinho, etc.

It wasn't the deepest of questions so that's perhaps also why, as I know he finds those questions not so interesting, but I think much of it is due to a general disdain/distrust of the UK media in particular on their coverage of him, say vs. Liverpool and Klopp.

I would say that if he acted a bit differently he might get more love even if he does get respect on some level.

Agree with what you say about his injuries
He’s been unlucky and the club have invested heavily in him hence the reason he will get gametime. The hope is he will recover in time but I’m beginning to wonder if this will happen...
I hope it does but currently would like Cancelo get a fair pop at LB.
I really like Cancelo and think, with time, he will be an excellent player for us. I would like to see what he is like in defensive midfield as well. I think right back is probably his best slot but Walker is immense at the moment (probably because of the increased competition).

For kicking the ball away, the stupid twat!

It wasn't stupid. They had the chance of a quick free-kick which could have caused us problems. Gave us chance to get organised. With 5 minutes to go he did the right thing.

It wasn't stupid. They had the chance of a quick free-kick which could have caused us problems. Gave us chance to get organised. With 5 minutes to go he did the right thing.

He probably watched the wolves player in the first half kick the ball away after being caught offside without being given a yellow and thought he could get away with it

It was still a justified yellow, according to the laws of the game, and as such, no one, least of all Rodri, should be surprised that he was booked.

It was still a justified yellow, according to the laws of the game, and as such, no one, least of all Rodri, should be surprised that he was booked.

No complaints with the yellow. It just wasn't stupid as I pointed out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.