Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

A great first half, never allowed Wolves into the game. Yet again the second half we failed to come out all guns blazing. Thus allowing Wolves back into the game. It's a good job that they were poor at finishing otherwise we well could have lost this game.

What on earth is Pep telling them at half time, that their can be such a big difference between how we played the two halves of this game. One of two things are happening either Pep is telling them to take the foot of the gas, or they are just not listening to what Pep is saying. Which ever one it is Pep has got to get it sorted and fast. Otherwise we will end up losing even more games than last season.

Can I ask do you watch much football, outside City, as pretty much every game I watch different sides dominate periods within a game. Last night was no different and it would have been weird if a side, with the quality of Wolves, did not have a period in the ascendancy, particularly as they were losing and had already played this season.

Agree with what you say about his injuries
He’s been unlucky and the club have invested heavily in him hence the reason he will get gametime. The hope is he will recover in time but I’m beginning to wonder if this will happen...
I hope it does but currently would like Cancelo get a fair pop at LB.
How many tines have we had this conversation about mendy . Lucky he is at city because most teams would have dumped him long ago . Last night he nearly destroyed all the hard work that was put in to get us 2-0 up . If we carry on using him and trusting him well it will be a long season and he will almost certainly cost us big time . Time to cut our losses and get rid .

Can I ask do you watch much football, outside City, as pretty much every game I watch different sides dominate periods within a game. Last night was no different and it would have been weird if a side, with the quality of Wolves, did not have a period in the ascendancy, particularly as they were losing and had already played this season.

I actually thought we were fast out of the blocks 2nd half for the first 10-15 mins and could have scored another after that fatigue set in for 15 mins after they scored we saw the game out really well.

I actually thought we were fast out of the blocks 2nd half for the first 10-15 mins and could have scored another after that fatigue set in for 15 mins after they scored we saw the game out really well.
I seem to remember that Big Mal used to say that in any game where you had the ascendancy that the other team would have 10 minutes at least where they turn the table.

How many tines have we had this conversation about mendy . Lucky he is at city because most teams would have dumped him long ago . Last night he nearly destroyed all the hard work that was put in to get us 2-0 up . If we carry on using him and trusting him well it will be a long season and he will almost certainly cost us big time . Time to cut our losses and get rid .
That’s the problem. Just getting rid means losing the bulk of £50 million and we can’t afford to do that. It must be the reason he keeps getting games ie the hope he comes good or he has a run of form that means we can get something decent if he is sold.
I’m sure Pep has as many doubts as you and I do but he can’t be seen to do so...

Fairly even game in the end with us just edging it.

We were very good first half, but our players high up the pitch were too far apart and too isolated second half and we gave the ball away too much and didn’t win it back high enough up the pitch.

Could have easily ended 2-2, or at least got to 2-2 at some point.

But good signs with how we played in the first half. Good balance to the side, crisp passing and good chances created.

Good game, good win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.