Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

I actually thought we were fast out of the blocks 2nd half for the first 10-15 mins and could have scored another after that fatigue set in for 15 mins after they scored we saw the game out really well.

Yeah not poles apart there. I think, in comparison to the first half, they did have a decent period, but still overall a pretty dominant performance.

Have to hold my hands up here I had terrible connectivity and bufffering, so may have lost a bit of the ebb and flow of the game, but it felt, like last season, the chances they had, were disproportionate to the sustained possession they produced.
Like I say that could be a personal bias, of last night, based on my perception last year.

Good team selection & tactics by Pep.
We ran the game for 80 of the 95 minutes.
The double defensive pivot protected the two centre backs but also allowed them to support the attack.
Wolves change of tactics at the start of the second half caused problems for 20 minutes but after we regained control we managed the game out very professionally. Dino was superb !!
Excellent performances by Walker, Dino, Kev, Phil Foden and decent performances from everyone else.
Four 19 year olds on the bench, 2 on debut and 2 with 5 first team appearances twixt them.
111 points to go !!

I don’t get this constant moaning about Hinchcliffe, either.

I don’t want a summariser, who constantly blows smoke up our arse, and constantly says how brilliant we are; just one who praises and criticises us as and when necessary, which Hinchcliffe does.

This is the snide who feigned offence on behalf of mankind regarding Bernardo’s Mendy Joke.

He knowingly escalated the media kangaroo court when he could’ve taken the heat out of the situation.

Wanker !!

I've decided to laugh at this rather than get angry.
A great first half, never allowed Wolves into the game. Yet again the second half we failed to come out all guns blazing. Thus allowing Wolves back into the game. It's a good job that they were poor at finishing otherwise we well could have lost this game.

What on earth is Pep telling them at half time, that their can be such a big difference between how we played the two halves of this game. One of two things are happening either Pep is telling them to take the foot of the gas, or they are just not listening to what Pep is saying. Which ever one it is Pep has got to get it sorted and fast. Otherwise we will end up losing even more games than last season.

Call me old fashioned if you like but do Wolverhampton not have an experienced, active coach.

Have to admit I was nervous about this game given how we struggled against them last season, although we should have come away from Molineux with something last year, but allowed ourselves to be mugged off. It was great to see our pass and movement back to what we saw in 2017-19 at times. We gave the ball away a little much for my liking but we looked really good despite not kicking a ball for a month and little or no preparation.

They had 1 shot on target in 94 mins FFS. We had more shots on target in injury time than they had all game. We were excellent considering 2 weeks of prep/fitness etc. I just don't buy into this wolves love in shite. 7th last 2 years and i doubt they will better that this time. Well done City

A great first half, never allowed Wolves into the game. Yet again the second half we failed to come out all guns blazing. Thus allowing Wolves back into the game. It's a good job that they were poor at finishing otherwise we well could have lost this game.

What on earth is Pep telling them at half time, that their can be such a big difference between how we played the two halves of this game. One of two things are happening either Pep is telling them to take the foot of the gas, or they are just not listening to what Pep is saying. Which ever one it is Pep has got to get it sorted and fast. Otherwise we will end up losing even more games than last season.

Don’t you understand football or sport in general?

First game; even Pep the genius can’t make his players fully match fit in the first game of the season.

That 1st half performance was a joy to watch, full of energy, intensity, pressing and hunger. The front 3 were on fire and Wolves could not handle us. Early days but add a cb hopefully Kounde into the squad and get the injured players back into the fold and things aren't looking too bad.

Don’t you understand football or sport in general?

First game; even Pep the genius can’t make his players fully match fit in the first game of the season.
Yup the tale of 2 halves was mostly down to fitness and pressing. 1st half the front 4 were putting in a shift closing down from the front. I was impressed with Foden helping out defensively on the right helping win the ball back.

We can see what happens when those levels drop or don't press. A team like Wolves have the quality with Moutinho and Neves to pass it around if given time. Against teams like this or the dippers we need to have Phil start even if on the wing. Last season with Mahrez, Dave and Aguero in the team we couldn't press. They do well against teams that sit deep and don't have the midfield to pass the ball around, but you can see why Pep prefers Jesus to Aguero in big games.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.