Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

We are not at our ultimate best, but still putting decent sides away, Wolves are far better than their current position, they're just lacking a cutting edge

We on the other hand are going to give someone at some point a severe beating once the players click into top gear, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone cop a real heavy defeat and I don't mean 6-0 by that I'm thinking double figures
Hopefully in our next game

Three what have been admittedly somewhat sloppy and underwhelming performances in a row, Villa Dortmund and today, but still unbeaten in the league and well set to wrap up CL qualification early
Perhaps having a shorter pre-season than most means we are still a bit undercooked, Pep is probably looking at the bigger picture long term in what will be a weird and punishing season for the players.
Once we really click we’ll be unstoppable

Wolves played well but it wasn’t their day, any other team but the champions they may have got a result

Weird game 2 up playing against 10 men and didn’t have control of the game! Maybe it’s the wolves players who were al comfortable on the ball kept it very well, at 0-2 if wolves scored the way wolves were creating chances could been a tough last 30 mins…
Maybe we weren't at our best but In fairness to Wolves they worked like dogs when they went down to 10 and managed to keep it going for the full 90.

What the press told us last week:
"Grealish can't score"
"Haaland has no right foot"
"Foden is in poor form"
0_Pep-Guardiola-puffs-on-cigar-with-backroom-staff-as-Man-City-celebrate-with-title-parade.jpg

Excellent result, dominant performance, albeit no where near our best. First half we moved the ball really well, slick passing, good movement and good tempo. I thought the first twenty minutes of the second half we were a bit sloppy in possession and Wolves had a few chances to break, but never really threatened.

A lot better from Grealish who looked really up for it today and deserved his goal. I thought Akanji was our star performer today very composed, good on the ball and a decent defender. Well done Txiki, Akanji is an absolute steal at £15m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.