Wolves FFP sanction

I hate this big club argument. I heard an Arsenal fan on the radio say that city “were” a big club around 1970, which is 50 years ago. Would you say that in no universe we were a big club before the takeover? City and Wolves are big clubs.

All clubs are big clubs when they’ve had big support over there 100 year history or if a club dominates there league for 10 years plus.

People in glass houses, so it seems, didn't one of our board members, maybe even Pep, allude to this not too long ago ?

Every club has skeletons in the closet, so sometimes better to just keep your head down.

All clubs are big clubs when they’ve had big support over there 100 year history or if a club dominates there league for 10 years plus.
Absolutely agree mate, but as you've identified there a different sorts of 'big club'. PNE, Burnley and both Nottingham clubs might be considered big clubs, but in a different sense to either of the red shite.

City were one of the big clubs of the mid 60s to early 70s but the way I understand it, that was a golden era where you could say there a was a big top 10(Wolves weren't really competing in that era), until Liverpool's financial doping fully paid off. I always like to remind Liverpool fans, at the close of 1970 City and Spurs were both level with Liverpool on major honours with 8 a piece, Liverpool had more league titles but no European cup like City and Spurs. City's attendances were reaching United's levels just before Swales took over.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/57869.stm

The 90s ruined football really, made it a top 3(Fuck Gregg Dyke and Rick Parry for that plan). One of the most uncompetitive eras ever, 2 back to backs and a 3 in a row and it looked set to continue because of the TV money distorting the game... Thank fuck Chelsea got taken over or the league was going the way the Bundesliga and Serie-A have gone. Martin Samuel's stats got me thinking about that. The cartel and their FFP can "do-one!"

Last edited:
Absolutely not one bit of sympathy for them, you're either with us or against us. Wolves are obviously trying to do similar to what we have, normally I'd commend that, what's not to love about a club from nowhere (or near enough) trying to upset the world.

Until you've signed up to something that is there literally to thwart your own clubs progress. Fuck Wolves and fuck the other 8.

The day they changed FFP rules so you can only spend what you earn was the death knell for any success outside those already in the cartel. They’re still aiming their wrath at us but fortunately failing but there’s no way anyone else is getting in...ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.