Wolves - post match

But for two stupid mistakes from Sterling and Mendy, we'd have beaten an in form team with ten men. Strange for Pep to sub KDB

Yeah but it’s the 30% they don’t win that counts, how many goals have they lost this season compared to us? Bottom line is they make more missed tackles than us but still concede far less. I know which stat I’d rather have.
They have a totally different style to us. They dog it out, get everyone behind the ball, VvD gets in the way of opposing strikers they and rely on TAA out-balls - make fewer chances but are more clinical. We play a much riskier (risk and reward) style and rely on keeping the ball to limit the opponent's chances and don't flood our own area with blue shirts. Tonight (last night) for all Wolves' perpetual motion, we gifted them two chances - two chances they didn't create. But fair play, they were alive to our 'gifts' and pounced.

Last edited:
Has anyone on Twitter asked him why he was Shepherding the Ball out of play to secure a Wolves corner ?

I dont actually rate Ederson as a Keeper.I think he is great with his feet, also his Eye for the occasional killer Pass is exceptional.His general Goal keeping is not very good,he rarely if ever makes a decent save,his positional awareness is not that good either.

we concede way too many goals from few chances.The defenders mostly get the blame because they are the last line of defense. People forget we also have a keeper that rarely saves fuck all unless it is directly aimed at him.

Tonight was School Boy stuff from him.It dont matter if there was contact or not.The attacker will always milk that kind of situation for all its worth.You come racing out of your area like that you are giving the Attacker the chance to simulate contact even if there is none,and giving the referee the opportunity to give you a straight Red.
How can you not rate Ederson after last season? Yes he made an error of judgement. Every player does that, that doesn't make them a poor goalkeeper. Your comment that Ederson is a poor shot-topper is not true.

It's not a good sign when players are making faces and having little strops when getting substituted. I know you don't have to be happy coming off but its disrespectful to the manager and player coming on.

A number of our guys are guilty of it. Mahrez, Aguero and KDB off the top of my head

If you're pissed off, go see the gaffer the next day when things have cooled down, especially after a defeat

They have a totally different style to us. They dog it out, get everyone behind the ball, VvD gets in the way of strikers they and rely on TAA out-balls - make fewer chances but are more clinical. We play a much riskier (risk and reward) style and rely on keeping the ball to limit the opponent's chances and don't flood our own area with blue shirts. Tonight (last night) for all Wolves' perpetual motion, we gifted them two chances - two chances they didn't create. But fair play, they were alive to our 'gifts' and pounced.
Gloating Liverpool fans might like to reflect what would happen should they lose van Dijk to injury, or Mane, or Robertson etc. There are some players where a squad has exceptional cover, for example City lost KDB and carried it, but injuries can happen to anyone. Ideally you get cover in but sometimes it's not possible. How long did it take Klopp to land VVD? Years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.