Wolves thread 18/19

SambaStyle

Some interesting goings on there.

Apparently in for Cancelo for £35M, Patricio (Goalkeeper) for £18M and Guedues for 45M Euros.

Will they be able to challenge the top 6 with their Portuguese contingent if they pull these transfers off? or fighting for 7th and best of the rest? They already have quality like Neves and Jota. Owners are loaded + Mendes link. Will be very interesting.

Some interesting goings on there.

Apparently in for Cancelo for £35M, Patricio (Goalkeeper) for £18M and Guedues for 45M Euros.

Will they be able to challenge the top 6 with their Portuguese contingent if they pull these transfers off? or fighting for 7th and best of the rest? They already have quality like Neves and Jota. Owners are loaded + Mendes link. Will be very interesting.
Not sure but good luck to them. Everyone doubted we would crack the glass ceiling but it can be done with the right planning. They are all good players and the manager seems to get a tune out of them. Top 10 first year then have a proper crack at it.

Asside from Liverpool, the best opponents we faced last season (i know it was 2nd 11 v 2nd 11 to start but it still applies). I think they will be top 8 next season. The question is, can they challenge for a CL spot?

I hope they do well. They play great attacking modern football and were one of our toughest opponents last year. They also have a great fanbase. Fulham are also an excellent team. Two great additions to the Premier League unlike Warnock's thugs.

if the talk is true they will be spending well this summer. Interesting to see how they do.

Not sure but good luck to them. Everyone doubted we would crack the glass ceiling but it can be done with the right planning. They are all good players and the manager seems to get a tune out of them. Top 10 first year then have a proper crack at it.

Agree. The difference between wolves and city is that Wolves seem to be splashing out on foreign players with no premier league experience. Meanwhile, City bought a number of solid premier league players like bellamy, barry, given, lescott and adebayor to help the import foreign lads.

I hope they do well. They play great attacking modern football and were one of our toughest opponents last year. They also have a great fanbase. Fulham are also an excellent team. Two great additions to the Premier League unlike Warnock's thugs.
Perfectly summed up.

They are pretty much just me on any Champ Manager game, buying up all the promising Portuguese youngsters. Love it. Nuno is a proper manager as well, done a great job getting them playing proper football and getting some journeyman British pro's to really kick on. Barry Douglas in particular has been a revelation. If they can nick all Sporting's players off them for free then they could be in serious business.

As "suspect" as their arrangement with Mendes is, it seems like everyone's a winner so I don't see any harm. They get quality players, the players get game time at a good level and Mendes gets money plus a great shop window for his assets. Can't see any issues with that

Wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho finds himself at Wolves at some point if things carry on the way they're doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.