Women’s derby

Noticed how they've changed footy into rugger to accommodate the rag's.
I have noticed this. ' Letting the game go" is a great city nullifier, been stuffed by a great piece of skill?, simply grab hold of your opponent, a booking highly unlikely. Big difference last year or two. If the rags manage to get hold of one or two flair players it will no doubt be changed to a booking for a minor offence. This and 10 players behind the ball is not helping city.

Certainly didn’t deserve to lose that.
Our right side of defence seems to be a weak link, and it looks like we need to find a way to get Raso on the pitch sooner.

Getiing on the bloody pitch would be a massive improvement fot#r most of the supporters .

She must have told Taylor how crap she thinks he is.

2nd half was much better for us. We pushed up the field 10-15 yards for the starting position. A draw was probably a fair result in the end with both teams having chances to win it. Officiating is still very patchy. A good call for the non-handball from Greenwood but how they missed the corner from Kelly's blocked shot is a mystery. Taylor again very slow to make any changes and then only 1 when it was clear there were some very tired players struggling out there.

As much as I hate to use the word "fair", where the rags are concerned, I think the draw was about right.

We were much better in the second half and had the chances to win it. Maybe Bunny should have done better with the two headers, but that is being picky.

But at least we didn’t lose our unbeaten run against the scruffy bastards, which is all credit to the girls' character and mentality after going behind.

Midfield doesn't look a patch on the midfield we had last year. City spend too much time passing it around the back, there's little benefit to it in the women's game and it's just an error waiting to happen. Women's games is all about pace, get the ball into the pacy wingers we've got quicker and let them do their thing.

Getiing on the bloody pitch would be a massive improvement fot#r most of the supporters .

She must have told Taylor how crap she thinks he is.
This - Hayley, like Janine and Lavelle before her is being criminally under used and will probably leave. Also felt Blakstad has had a good run with goals and getting into great positions recently yet muppet coach refuses to play a hot hand. Game was there for the taking - make the changes with 30 mins to go and go at them would have been better - Lauren was spent after the hour. Why can we all see these things yet our coach cannot!!

Taylor needs to have a better plan and for me that includes playing Esme alongside Alexandri in the middle because she has a good eye for quicker build up. Today yet again we dithered on the ball before playing low % passes which were intercepted. Hasegawa made some lovely runs into space but was ignored with players preferring to play it back to Roebuck - what has happened to her distribution btw ??

We have the players, you just need a coach who understands, form, fitness and tactics more. Didn't lose I guess but what a chance to change the narrative on - for me - a vastly overrated Utd team.

Midfield doesn't look a patch on the midfield we had last year. City spend too much time passing it around the back, there's little benefit to it in the women's game and it's just an error waiting to happen. Women's games is all about pace, get the ball into the pacy wingers we've got quicker and let them do their thing.
I think the midfield is ok and not as bad as some suggest - you are right though what is killing them is when they make runs into space the passes from the centre backs and keeper is so slow they have zero space to use. Hasegawa showed late in the game how good she can be if given the ball with a little space to work in.

It also feels to me that Deyna just needs one moment of magic to go for her - she showed some lovely touches and is clearly a great player but fades in and out of the game too much - the key should be getting her more involved but again the way Taylor wants us to play is slow, slow low risk stuff that doesn't get the best out of the playmakers. A great coach gets the best out of his best players.

Luckily I was watching at work with no sound, so didn't have to put up with bbc commentary.

It looked a good game from what I saw (I was working too), we looked a bit ponderous at times first half, and I wasjust thinking we were looking like we were getting to grips when they went in front.

Second half we looked far better, in what looked to be an end to end game, thought we had the better chances and their keeper made a couple of decent saves, looked like we were unlucky not to win at the end, but we also could have lost it too, so relatively happy with a point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.