Women Turning Down The Head Coach Role At Mens Football Clubs.

She's doing a decent job at Chelsea, I can't see why she'd leave them. And no woman will ever be accepted as a manager in the men's game. Loads of men don't even accept us as fans, for fuck's sake. I'm in a group on Facebook for female fans and we were all sharing things men have said to us when they found out we were fans or seen us at matches. And a lot of them weren't very nice.
Despite the username, I thought you were a bloke.

You’ve got as much right to be in that stadium as any fella, even if it is made of wood ;-)

Any woman that takes such a job is on a hiding to nothing. Country is still chock full of knucklescrapers, and their red top bibles would have a field day tearing her down.
She wouldn’t be, she’d be on a hiding to breaking a barrier, and helping changing perceptions, just like an openly gay player in the Premier League would. She’d be instantly guaranteed an honour for doing so too, though the value of those is a whole other debate. For her personally it might not be the right decision, and fair enough, but for her half of the population, maybe not. Maybe she doesn’t want to be a trailblazer.
As for the red tops, who gives a fck? I mean, would they get away these days with “having a field day” with a gay footballer? Have they “had a field day” with black managers?

She wouldn’t be, she’d be on a hiding to breaking a barrier, and helping changing perceptions, just like an openly gay player in the Premier League would. She’d be instantly guaranteed an honour for doing so too, though the value of those is a whole other debate. For her personally it might not be the right decision, and fair enough, but for her half of the population, maybe not. Maybe she doesn’t want to be a trailblazer.
As for the red tops, who gives a fck? I mean, would they get away these days with “having a field day” with a gay footballer? Have they “had a field day” with black managers?

The papers are poison and you know it. Easy to say who gives a fuck, they continually light touch paper and then step away when things go bad (eg Caroline Flack). She obviously gave a fuck. Hopefully I'll be around when we have an openly gay footballer in the prem and we'll see how that goes, not a coincidence it hasn't happened yet though I don't think.

Bottom line, I love the sentiment and hope that when it happens, you are absolutely right and whoever she is is rightly seen as a trailblazer. Time will tell.

I think she was quite wise not to take it tbh. She's at the top of her game with the women's, a great reputation and nothing to prove. if she took it and doesn't do exceptionally well instantly the backlash would be brutal. she couldn't just do a competent job either, she would have had to work miracles to get any kind of positive reception and at that level it's near impossible to do that well right now given she won't get any funds and she won't get much time either.

The first woman to manage in the men's game will have so much attention on them, the game is entirely different, what works in the women's game won't work in the men's and vice versa. I don't see a best bet for a woman manager in the men's game is to come up through the coaching system at a club giving them time to learn the game properly before being shoved into the deep end not by doing well itb a women's side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.