Women Turning Down The Head Coach Role At Mens Football Clubs.

She can do whatever she likes at the end of the day, but from the snippet I saw on sky sports it came across as if she had a real problem with either the mens game, or men, and so wasn't prepared to entertain the idea because of that.
I wouldn’t blame her if this was the case.
She could be making a nice stand on several fronts:
1. My current position has plenty of benefits for me and I love what I’m doing/able to do.
2. I don’t necessarily need or value the pursuit of ‘more, more, more’ money as my no.1 priority.
3. Don’t assume men’s football means a step up.
4. There’s a whole load of bullshit bollocks that goes along with the men’s game. You can keep it - I’m the one choosing here.

She can do whatever she likes at the end of the day, but from the snippet I saw on sky sports it came across as if she had a real problem with either the mens game, or men, and so wasn't prepared to entertain the idea because of that.
This is my take.

She probably made the right decision for her career in staying, she’ll know the women’s game much more than men’s and will be paid more.

But don’t try and tell me a league one side wouldn’t absolutely annihilate the best women’s team on the planet.

A league 2 side would beat an all time world 11 of women’s footballers.

The standards in the men’s football league are infinitely higher.

She's doing a decent job at Chelsea, I can't see why she'd leave them. And no woman will ever be accepted as a manager in the men's game. Loads of men don't even accept us as fans, for fuck's sake. I'm in a group on Facebook for female fans and we were all sharing things men have said to us when they found out we were fans or seen us at matches. And a lot of them weren't very nice.

She's doing a decent job at Chelsea, I can't see why she'd leave them. And no woman will ever be accepted as a manager in the men's game. Loads of men don't even accept us as fans, for fuck's sake. I'm in a group on Facebook for female fans and we were all sharing things men have said to us when they found out we were fans or seen us at matches. And a lot of them weren't very nice.
I don't even think you should be posting on here, we already have kaz7 ;-)

I think there are things left unsaid in her response. The actuality of the response is nonsense and she knows that, but she had to say something.

I think the issue is having time to develop a style, assessing the team, dealing with losses etc. and mostly dealing with the sexist abuse that is bound to follow from a section of fans.

She did the right thing as society hasn't caught up to mixing the game, just yet!

In my opinion, of course.

She could have made a million on the back of it just through tv ads, sponsors, newspapers etc. She’s a mug for not taking it. She could have been a big success and would have been a huge boost to young girls/women the world over. Not only that but it would have been brilliant to put some misogynistic knob heads firmly back in their place.
Perhaps she has pride in herself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.