Women Turning Down The Head Coach Role At Mens Football Clubs.

they can live in denial all they want. A League 1 team would piss a match against a WSL team.
I'm not sure what that has to do with it ? Two sports called football, they're not competing with each other, and never will.

I don't blame her for turning it down, AFC Wimbledon are in danger of relegation, she's likely going to win the WSL, I'd have turned it down, regardless of the money offered, and I imagine chelsea pay her more anyway.

I'm not sure what that has to do with it ? Two sports called football, they're not competing with each other, and never will.

I don't blame her for turning it down, AFC Wimbledon are in danger of relegation, she's likely going to win the WSL, I'd have turned it down, regardless of the money offered, and I imagine chelsea pay her more anyway.

she shouldn't pretend it's an insult or for sporting reasons then.

she shouldn't pretend it's an insult or for sporting reasons then.
I haven't seen what she said, but people comparing men's and women's football completely miss the point, they might be the same sport in name, but they will never be the same sport. One or two women could possibly play at men's level, but very very few, a woman could probably coach a men's team, but they'd never be full accepted.

I enjoy the women's game for what it is, and we are lucky enough to have one of the top women's clubs.

I haven't seen what she said, but people comparing men's and women's football completely miss the point, they might be the same sport in name, but they will never be the same sport. One or two women could possibly play at men's level, but very very few, a woman could probably coach a men's team, but they'd never be full accepted.

I enjoy the women's game for what it is, and we are lucky enough to have one of the top women's clubs.

she called it the same sport, and then said it was insulting to call it a step down. You can't reasonably argue women's football is the same standard as men's football so by definition as she called it the same sport it is a step down, so the only insult is she lashed out about it.

As for the being accepted part, Pep has had to put up with more shit than anyone for the past 5 years and has just got on with it. So the media pack are these days infinitely worse for men's football than women's. If she gets stick, it's only what blokes that are at the wrong club have dealt with all along. You just have to "person up" if you want to be involved at the top level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.