Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy tactics. Sitting back on a one goal lead. Not sure we are good enough to see this out.

Well I watched the entire second half and from two seasons ago the quality of the game has fallen a lot imo, that was a very poor half with little action or excitement.

Crazy tactics. Sitting back on a one goal lead. Not sure we are good enough to see this out.

Maybe, but Brum aren't good enough to capitalise on it. Game over. 1-0 three points. Top of the league? I couldn't get to the game today but have followed it minute by minute on BBC and Twitter. Apart from the score line one stat catches my eye from the BBC - FOULS City 19 Birmingham 3! WTF. Never in a game of football! I saw one tweet that suggested that the ref today was the worst in the league!

Maybe, but Brum aren't good enough to capitalise on it. Game over. 1-0 three points. Top of the league? I couldn't get to the game today but have followed it minute by minute on BBC and Twitter. Apart from the score line one stat catches my eye from the BBC - FOULS City 19 Birmingham 3! WTF. Never in a game of football! I saw one tweet that suggested that the ref today was the worst in the league!

Watched it on BT. Ref was pretty poor - edgy game and the ref lost control; she seemed to be trying to placate an overly aggressive Birmingham team. We looked poor defending set pieces today but a good 3 points.

Watched it on BT. Ref was pretty poor - edgy game and the ref lost control; she seemed to be trying to placate an overly aggressive Birmingham team. We looked poor defending set pieces today but a good 3 points.

Of all the other teams in the FAWSL I've probably seen Birmingham most, after watching City, and they are a bunch of snappers. There's one mouthy madam, gingery hair. playas at the back who want to play and ref at the same time. I used to think that we needed women refs in women's football but some of the one's I've seen this season are just not upto the job, particularly when one of the players wants to take control of the whistle.

Apart from the score line one stat catches my eye from the BBC - FOULS City 19 Birmingham 3! WTF.
First time I've heard a cheer at a WSL game when we got a free kick second half, she pretty much gave them every decision, and us nothing, though we did commit a lot of stupid fouls. Whilst I don't always think the referee's are particularly good, they are usually pretty fair, but this one might as well as had a birmingham shirt on.

I missed the last 10 minutes, but we contained them pretty well, and most of their efforts were long range, of from set pieces, which I don't think we ever look great at defending. Kiera Walsh got an early ish booking, which stopped he making challenges, and she wasn't effective as normal. I though Wulleart had a poor game, and should have taken off earlier for me.

Of all the other teams in the FAWSL I've probably seen Birmingham most, after watching City, and they are a bunch of snappers. There's one mouthy madam, gingery hair. playas at the back who want to play and ref at the same time. I used to think that we needed women refs in women's football but some of the one's I've seen this season are just not upto the job, particularly when one of the players wants to take control of the whistle.

It was the full back with red hair who was giving it out today - barging in to players off the ball etc. Whining like a banchee trying to get City players booked. All too often the ref was ‘persuaded’ to give decisions. Poor officiating but to be fair the ref was no worse than the blokes I’ve seen ref at this level.

It was the full back with red hair who was giving it out today - barging in to players off the ball etc. Whining like a banchee trying to get City players booked. All too often the ref was ‘persuaded’ to give decisions. Poor officiating but to be fair the ref was no worse than the blokes I’ve seen ref at this level.
th

Reactions: nmc

I don't think there was any deliberate thinking to sit back and defend a one goal lead. We were just average to poor on the ball so it's inevitable they kepy coming at us. Disappointingly although we defended ok in open play it was against free kicks and corners we looked most at risk.

No way Ellie Roebuck is going to dominate her box when the ball is lumped in but I expect more from Steph and especially Beatts. It amazes me how easily attackers seems to get a gead on the ball when those two should be attacking balls and getting them away. We have seen it in other games and it has cost us.

What missing today, ( it is far too often) is composure. Poor first touches, rushed passes, taking shots on when a pass is better etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.