Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Womens football has to be marketed wrong there's obviously a product there but attendances are on the decline, it needs a spark to ignite it properly, maybe it's linked too closely to the mens game and it needs its own identity.
From what I have seen of it there's definite substance but somethings holding it back.

Womens football has to be marketed wrong there's obviously a product there but attendances are on the decline, it needs a spark to ignite it properly, maybe it's linked too closely to the mens game and it needs its own identity.
From what I have seen of it there's definite substance but somethings holding it back.

The standard is excellent but the BBC seem to dominate the popularity of the women’s game. They built it up with excellent coverage of England Team (and GB in the Olympic) and then maximised negative coverage of the Aluko / Sampson dispute.

I am surprised that more Blues don’t go to the games. Hopefully, getting the rags in the top flight will increase interest.

Personally I would love Channel 4 to pick up the coverage of women's football, I think they would put more effort into promoting it then BBC or BT are doing at the moment. But I also think the FA should sort out a regular season with games every week , instead of this lots a of games then nothing for a month that happens at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.