Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the F.A dont want Womens Football to go the way of mens. If there is a cap, you'll play for the team where you might win stuff, if they want you. Or your local team. Or the team that plays your style etc. Lots of choices for lots of reasons. Mens football, reason-money. ( not 100%, but it influences most). The women will move in England for better reasons.

If that is the case, i think it's pretty unfair to expect the women to right the wrongs of the men's game at their own expense. Like I don't think female athletes should see their salaries severely limited as a result of some weird ideological experiment they didn't ask to be part of. Professional salaries over here don't leave enough for the women to have their long term security guaranteed after retirement. If the very top players have clubs who think they're worth it, they should be entitled to earn it.

I can sort of understand why they have the cap if the reasoning is that they don't want one or two clubs to dominate in England, but it still seems unfair on the players. And even though they might be preventing teams dominating over here, we're just seeing it happen on a European level instead with the English teams unable to push on to the very top even though a couple of them have the resources to do it. Historically the FA have sold the women short and even took action to deliberately hold the game back and it seems they're repeating the same mistakes again. It's definitely holding the women's game back over here when the top clubs can't hold onto their top english players. Surely they'll have to have a rethink soon.

Last edited:
I’m surprised someone hasn’t challenged the salary cap. a) it’s a restrictive practice imposed by the games administrators b) and how can the FA objectively justify a salary cap in women’s football but not one in the men’s game?

Surely we have a bit of spare budget now izzy and nadim have buggered off?

I don’t think money is the issue as the cost of running a women’s team for a club like City is peanuts in comparison.

I read on a forum about a year ago Lyon’s budget is about €6m a year if I recall. Absolutely nothing for a club like Lyon let alone City, and they have pretty much the world XI in their squad.

The problem City have is attracting the very best with the current salary cap.

I don’t think money is the issue as the cost of running a women’s team for a club like City is peanuts in comparison.

I read on a forum about a year ago Lyon’s budget is about €6m a year if I recall. Absolutely nothing for a club like Lyon let alone City, and they have pretty much the world XI in their squad.

The problem City have is attracting the very best with the current salary cap.

that's what I meant, I imagine they were among the better paid so will free up some space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.