Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How concerned are the club that they have been losing some of their star players for a while now? Bronze, Parris, Beattie, Duggan for example.

How concerned are the club that they have been losing some of their star players for a while now? Bronze, Parris, Beattie, Duggan for example.
I think only Bronze and Parris count as star players when they left. Even still, I'm sure the club is well aware of this kind of possibility and they plan ahead and move on. White could be a decent replacement for Parris.

Not a lot they can do about it, if the better players like Bronze, Parris and you left out Izzy btw leave to go to Lyon who can pay them a bigger wage and are in reality the Barcelona of women's football atm.

The FA have to take the blame for capping the wage that we can pay the woman and never mind the stupid move away from summer football where it filled a niche and was getting very good crowds.

The FA were more concerned with stopping us dominating the womens game than actually supporting it as a competitive competition.

That hasn't worked because the club have applied the universal club scouting policy of young players with the attitude of improving themselves. The greedy ones fuck off and the hungry ones come in. Won't be long before we become the most successful women league team too.

So five out so far (Parris, McManus, Emslie, Lawler and Beattie), with three in to replace them (White, Fidalgo and Coombs). Presumably we'll make a couple more buys. It's a fairly extensive makeover, which a few posters were suggesting over the last year might do us good. Hope so.

So five out so far (Parris, McManus, Emslie, Lawler and Beattie), with three in to replace them (White, Fidalgo and Coombs). Presumably we'll make a couple more buys. It's a fairly extensive makeover, which a few posters were suggesting over the last year might do us good. Hope so.

We’ve lacked a playmaker to dictate the tempo and create chance from midfield since Izzy left. That said, both Jill Scott and Caroline Weir played well yesterday in central midfield roles.

The FA have to take the blame for capping the wage that we can pay the woman and never mind the stupid move away from summer football where it filled a niche and was getting very good crowds.
My wife and I were regulars at the Minihad for the summer fixtures, not been back since they moved it to the winter.

Who in their right mind would want to sit in that stadium with the North East wind howling in from across Ashton New Road.

The FA should revert back to summer football, I am sure the crowds would start to grow if they did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.