Women's team - 2019/2020 - Beat Reading 2-0

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by kev20971, 16 May 2019.

1. stan bowles

stan bowles

How concerned are the club that they have been losing some of their star players for a while now? Bronze, Parris, Beattie, Duggan for example.

2. mccity

mccity

I think only Bronze and Parris count as star players when they left. Even still, I'm sure the club is well aware of this kind of possibility and they plan ahead and move on. White could be a decent replacement for Parris.

3. cleavers

cleavers

Whilst older, and obviously shorter term, I think she'll be an improvement.

4. Dhruv1

Dhruv1

5. bluealf

bluealf

Not a lot they can do about it, if the better players like Bronze, Parris and you left out Izzy btw leave to go to Lyon who can pay them a bigger wage and are in reality the Barcelona of women's football atm.

The FA have to take the blame for capping the wage that we can pay the woman and never mind the stupid move away from summer football where it filled a niche and was getting very good crowds.

mat and petrusha like this.
  6. mat

mat

The FA were more concerned with stopping us dominating the womens game than actually supporting it as a competitive competition.

That hasn't worked because the club have applied the universal club scouting policy of young players with the attitude of improving themselves. The greedy ones fuck off and the hungry ones come in. Won't be long before we become the most successful women league team too.

bluealf likes this.
  7. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Nikita was my favourite player but a combination of White and Lauren Hemp, getting more game time, will Vance out the loss of Parris

8. petrusha

petrusha

So five out so far (Parris, McManus, Emslie, Lawler and Beattie), with three in to replace them (White, Fidalgo and Coombs). Presumably we'll make a couple more buys. It's a fairly extensive makeover, which a few posters were suggesting over the last year might do us good. Hope so.

9. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

We’ve lacked a playmaker to dictate the tempo and create chance from midfield since Izzy left. That said, both Jill Scott and Caroline Weir played well yesterday in central midfield roles.

CelesteItis and petrusha like this.
  10. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU & The Bus Wreckers
    My wife and I were regulars at the Minihad for the summer fixtures, not been back since they moved it to the winter.

Who in their right mind would want to sit in that stadium with the North East wind howling in from across Ashton New Road.

The FA should revert back to summer football, I am sure the crowds would start to grow if they did that.

Alan Oakes Shinpads and mat like this.