Women's team - 2019/2020 - Beat Reading 2-0

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by kev20971, 16 May 2019.

1. chesterbells

chesterbells

Ok, thnx. Sounds a bit ominous that, hope we haven’t signed a perennially injured player. She looked like she had a real instinct for goals in the summer.

Tim of the Oak likes this.
  2. BJL_City

BJL_City

No, the argument is that the WSL suffers and thus the growth in this country is hindered in general because many of our top players have buggered off to European clubs instead of being on show and promoted to the increased crowds who turned up this weekend.

It doesn't help our players though when they play in weaker teams against weakened opposition and then get completely outclassed in a 2 leg european tie.

3. chesterbells

chesterbells

No, I meant, is that the argument for having the salary cap? I wasn’t asking why some people thought it was a mistake.

4. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Hopefully she will be back soon. Looks like a top international player from what I saw

chesterbells likes this.
  5. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

If you thought that game was bad you should have watched yesterdays game between MK Dons and Wimbledon.Fuck me now that was atrocious even by mens standards.

6. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

Well done ladies ..sorry for the late reply but I'm otherwise disposed in foreign lands ..... Rags need to know their place xx

kippax4ever likes this.
  7. Gary James

Gary James

'Manchester City Folklore' see @garyjameswriter
    Thanks for the mention. Appreciate it. If anyone is interested in my new book Manchester City Women: An Oral History then you can get it via the usual online retailers plus you can get it direct from me. From me there are 2 offers: A numbered limited edition of the book signed by me at £16.95 including UK postage OR a numbered limited edition of the book signed by me PLUS a Manchester City Women: An Oral History tote bag, 4 postcards and a reproduction of the earliest City Ladies match programme for £20 including UK postage. To buy either offer email info@manchesterfootball.org and I’ll send you an invoice allowing you to pay by credit/debit card via PayPal. Cheers

8. Newquayblue

Newquayblue

Not really the poor standard of play so much as the eulogising about mediocrity and (dare I say it again 'talking things up' sooooo much, it's disrespectful imo. Think I'm going on a bit too much, bottom line is I'm all for it! Nuff said!

9. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU & The Bus Wreckers
    Can anybody help me out regarding the women’s games at the Academy Stadium.

On the official site it claims you can get free drinks at all the games and has a link you can click on. The link takes you to a page dated September 2018 and informs you that for the 2018/19 season you get get free unlimited drinks at each match.

Does this apply to the 2019/20 season as well, or is it another cock-up by the Club.

10. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

It applies to all games at the Academy Stadium. The drinks are non alcoholic btw