Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shocking finishing and comical defending are going to lose them this game.
Awful. No one to blame but themselves really. Fluke of a strike to level it.

The shocking finishing and comical defending are going to lose them this game.
Awful. No one to blame but themselves really. Fluke of a strike to level it.

They'll still win I think because the other team will be dead on their feet last 30 minutes. Agreed though, some of the things they do it's hard to believe they're being coached daily. They have such a physical advantage that all they need to do is get wide ,create 2 on 1's and they can be in so often. Instead they get to a good position and end up back at the halfway line. Same with playing out from the back. They get it to a midfielder who has time and space to go forwards but she goes back to the defender who then ends up under pressure. Never seen so many pointless passes.

To put this half into context: Lugano would not be able manage a second season in the WSL. They are pretty ordinary and it's only experience on our part that got us to 1-0 and the usual one-shot-on-goal opponents that undo it all. If I could say it has been a dire first half it would have been better than what I've seen. No urgency in getting forward and putting the ball into the Lugano box. And the infuriating wholly unnecessary backpassing continues. We have been on the threshold of the the Lugano penalty area and two more passes sees the ball back in our half. We had kick off and fuck knows how long it took us to get the ball into their half. Touch is pretty grim from all of them. We have hit the bar twice but Bremer's open goal miss just about summed up that half. If we don't get a decent lead out of this leg Lugano are gonna fancy their chances at The Academy and you can forecast the ponderous approach that City might conjure up in the second leg for a hour or so! Jeez, I've written too much to suggest that half has left me speechless.

Why isn’t there someone to commentate on the City TV app?? Surely there must be someone who could have done it.

Switching the wingers is another strange one. The wingers could skin their fullbacks at will but we weren't using them enough. He's now got them coming inside making us even more narrow instead of stretching the pitch against a team miles slower than our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.