Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t remember the match being abandoned, but do recall we thrashed them.

Just checked, the game was before the 1968/69 season. City batted first and scored 168 runs and the Scum were bowled out for 79. There was a pitch invasion following the match and some scuffles between teenage fans of both teams.
I was only nine so it may have seemed more dramatic at such a young age! I thought the pitch invasion was during the game. In any event my dad took me out before it really kicked off. I also remember Franny Lee smashing a few boundaries. There seemed to be a huge crowd as well.

Last night reminded me of the Olympic Women’s Hockey Final in Rio, when TEAM GB won the Gold Medal and we all became giddy hockey experts for a couple of days.

For the same reason, if City played United next week, I would anticipate the largest league attendance for a WS fixture, as the demand for tickets dictated a switch to the ETIHAD.

However, the current euphoria will slowly dilute, and gradually be absorbed by the day-to-day issues surrounding Guardiola’s battle for supremacy with Klopp, Solskjaer’s transfer policy, and Lampard’s return to Chelsea.

By September, the WSL will be competing with Netball and Swimming for public attention.

According to SSN Keira Walsh has had a transfer request rejected

Last edited:
City fan or not, if she's being offered a boatload of money to play in another country then I don't hold it against her for wanting to go.

There's a bit on the BBC suggesting the Prem are going to get involved with the ladies game, similar to the wage cap in the men's game it's almost as if someone (cough) tipped the rags off in advance.

City fan or not, if she's being offered a boatload of money to play in another country then I don't hold it against her for wanting to go.

Completely agree. With the salary cap in place we are expecting players to earn less than a quarter of what they can pick up in France or Spain. No one can blame the players for wanting to go... who wouldn't but what are the WSL playing at - the drain of talent out of the WSL will go on and on....

Completely agree. With the salary cap in place we are expecting players to earn less than a quarter of what they can pick up in France or Spain. No one can blame the players for wanting to go... who wouldn't but what are the WSL playing at - the drain of talent out of the WSL will go on and on....
I guess the issue is that if you look at teams like Notts County Women's team that went bust owing 1/2 million pounds while only having a total projected incoming revenue from attendances and sponsorship of £28,000 the league simply isn't viable for more than a handful of teams even now with a salary cap it can only support 12 clubs and I guess the vast majority of them are doing off the back of sizable level of upkeep from the parent club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.