Women's team - 2019/2020 - Beat Reading 2-0

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by kev20971, 16 May 2019.

1. Claytop

Claytop

Duggan left Barca, United bound?...

2. eyalluvitt

eyalluvitt

The Council House my man and don't spare the horses
    [​IMG]

lancs blue likes this.
  3. Newquayblue

Newquayblue

Nap shout.

4. Newquayblue

Newquayblue

I say let whoever wants to go, go -- sign and work with players who want to be with us and what will be will be - they're all getting their heads turned by the limelight on Bronze and Parris - also Duggan. Only Lucy is outstanding imo. even though I like Walsh, if she wants to jump ship, goodbye!

5. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Can't blame them for wanting to earn a bigger wedge, I don't know what the average wage is at City with the cap or Lyon but I'd imagine it'd be a big gap especially as opposed to the male game these girls really do have only a small period to earn big money.

6. nmc

nmc

I think you have correctly outlined the rational for a salary cap - but Notts County and Yeovil went bust despite it - so the league is placing huge restrictions on itself without perhaps great effect. Personally I’d take a different view - the 20 PL clubs should commit to funding a women’s team - they can all afford it... and as City have shown it’s a positive business model.

7. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Or a lot more fans could turn up and support their Women’s Team. This together with increased sponsorship could make the WSL viable.

8. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Probably but as her showing at the WWC indicated way past her best.

9. DontLookBackInAnger

DontLookBackInAnger

Forcing clubs to invest in women's team isn't something that I would support and I'm not quite sure how that would work there have been 49 clubs down the years that have played in the PL since it started, would you expect all of them to have Professional full time teams? or would you allow them to disband/downgrade them should the male team get relegated? Would women's teams have their own promotion and relegation? The issue seems to me that the whole league is held up artificially, supply far outstrips demand the rights and wrongs of that are for another debate

10. lancs blue

lancs blue

For me the biggest impact on attendances has been the move to a winter season, the Academy stadium is an exposed, bleak place on a cold and wet November day, far more so than the main stadium.