Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be going to this one assuming the KO time is convenient though I guess it will be on TV.

Watch out for the female Moston rats! ;-)
The Council House my man and don't spare the horses
rrpic2.jpg

I say let whoever wants to go, go -- sign and work with players who want to be with us and what will be will be - they're all getting their heads turned by the limelight on Bronze and Parris - also Duggan. Only Lucy is outstanding imo. even though I like Walsh, if she wants to jump ship, goodbye!

Can't blame them for wanting to earn a bigger wedge, I don't know what the average wage is at City with the cap or Lyon but I'd imagine it'd be a big gap especially as opposed to the male game these girls really do have only a small period to earn big money.

I guess the issue is that if you look at teams like Notts County Women's team that went bust owing 1/2 million pounds while only having a total projected incoming revenue from attendances and sponsorship of £28,000 the league simply isn't viable for more than a handful of teams even now with a salary cap it can only support 12 clubs and I guess the vast majority of them are doing off the back of sizable level of upkeep from the parent club.

I think you have correctly outlined the rational for a salary cap - but Notts County and Yeovil went bust despite it - so the league is placing huge restrictions on itself without perhaps great effect. Personally I’d take a different view - the 20 PL clubs should commit to funding a women’s team - they can all afford it... and as City have shown it’s a positive business model.

I think you have correctly outlined the rational for a salary cap - but Notts County and Yeovil went bust despite it - so the league is placing huge restrictions on itself without perhaps great effect. Personally I’d take a different view - the 20 PL clubs should commit to funding a women’s team - they can all afford it... and as City have shown it’s a positive business model.

Or a lot more fans could turn up and support their Women’s Team. This together with increased sponsorship could make the WSL viable.

Forcing clubs to invest in women's team isn't something that I would support and I'm not quite sure how that would work there have been 49 clubs down the years that have played in the PL since it started, would you expect all of them to have Professional full time teams? or would you allow them to disband/downgrade them should the male team get relegated? Would women's teams have their own promotion and relegation? The issue seems to me that the whole league is held up artificially, supply far outstrips demand the rights and wrongs of that are for another debate

For me the biggest impact on attendances has been the move to a winter season, the Academy stadium is an exposed, bleak place on a cold and wet November day, far more so than the main stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.