Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
City hold on to win 1-0.

Not an especially convincing victory, especially after a very sloppy second half, but any win over Liverpool is a great win in the end.

Terrible display by the team in the second half, why is the first thought to pass backwards? The Scousers actually looked fitter than we did and the team were basically hanging on near the end. Never going to win the league with this set of players, if there is a salary cap then we must be paying some of them far too much.

Terrible display by the team in the second half, why is the first thought to pass backwards? The Scousers actually looked fitter than we did and the team were basically hanging on near the end. Never going to win the league with this set of players, if there is a salary cap then we must be paying some of them far too much.
Personally I thought it was a awful game , and Liverpool where the better team second half , we could of easily draw or lost the game if it wasn't for a couple of good saves from Roebuck.
Did the Liverpool keeper make a save second half ?
Apart from two great moves with both shots being blasted over , (Stanway was one not sure who blasted the other one over), what did you really do in that 2nd half ?

Liverpool the worse team in the WSL at this moment in time having only managed a point in their eight games so far. Good in defence with only 10 goals conceded but have managed just 1 (one) goal in those eight matches. In the second half today they outplayed us for long periods. We possible need a new person in charge to freshen things up.

The BBC report has been a lot kinder than most posts. This match was as a dire a game you'd never want to see. I really thought we could be two up inside ten mins as I walked into ground. Twenty minutes for the only goal. Dippers haven't won a game! I just do not know which coaching manual highlights the benefit of continual passing back. We even had an instance where we are almost at the corner of the Dipper pen area and the next pass goes back to half way line! I can understand the notion of possession football but once you have possession you need to do something with it. Poor controlling technique from our girls - Dippers moved the ball around much better today than we did, and I've seen more robust tackles from a feather duster. Their tackling and pressing were of a higher order. We just did not link the three strands of the team together at all. I think the general idea was to find a bit of space down the wings and 'see if summat turns up'! The Arse or CFC would have had half a dozen against this Dipper team inside the first half. We had a couple of shots, their keeper saved well (didn't undertand why she or the ref had to wear identical kits - head to toe in black?), Dippers had a couple of corners and that was about the first half - oh, and Bonner's goal. The second half was pretty grim, and for the last ten mins I was left thinking 'Could we really lose this game'? Got away with it in the end. We got five last week and The Arse more than double that against the same team. Can't see a title challenge with performances like today's - might even find that second and CL is not guaranteed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.