Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think thats a bit unfair comparing the men and womens game tbh. There are a definitely a fair few who have a great 1st touch. I watched some of Chelsea v Utd and Sheffield Utd v Spurs yesterday and Fran Kirbys 1st touch was better than most of SU's midfield.
Our American girls, Chloe Kelly and a few others touch is really good. Jordan Nobbs is technically excellent as well. Maybe not quite as good as the very best of the men but none of them are getting 150k a week either.

And no matter what political and verbal gymnastics the advertising wallahs and football apparatchiks come out with, they are the same theoretical and visual game (bag of air being kicked about a big field using the same LotG) but the contrast in how they are played is stark. The women will never have the pace, power nor trickery, but you don't go to a women's game to watch a male game of football. I enjoy both of them. I just wish the women would remove at least 10% of the passes and look for a forward pass first. There was an occasion yesterday where two City players were forward of the woman on the ball and a pass to either was quite a simple affair but it was as though the programming had been set that the ball had to go back knowing that we had a player without a Villa player within twenty yards. No pressure on at all, time wasted. I've never seen a goal scored from a backward pass.
White’s tap in yesterday was one!

Oh, I hope so, I once asked in here and was told she was just on loan due to the American league being disbanded for the covid, they played a cup comp instead but her team was knocked out early.

Essentially I think they are all keeping fit over here.

We have 2, I know Spurs signed Morgan but not sure if any more came over.
Rachel Daly, who obviously isn't American but plays for Houston in the American league, signed to play on loan for West Ham women.

Apparently, she has signed to play for The George Washington University women's team in America. I presume she will be leaving to play for them at the end of the Summer.

I had info after the game she was part of the EDS, so yeah, she's going to develop her game. I still don't know her name, though! I'm assuming AM wants to blood some these players like on Sunday, GT seems less likely to do, other than Parks.

I agree, but she drops in to link up and to be part of the build up as she doesn't get put through too often.

I understand her annoyance.
Cause and effect then, if you aren't in a position to be played through then it will happen less and less often, no?

Cause and effect then, if you aren't in a position to be played through then it will happen less and less often, no?

Eventually, yes, but when White first signed she was being put through as well as poaching and then Nick Cushing built the game around Stanway and the game changed for White.

Now she drops in.

She's a regular starter under Taylor and that wasn't the case under Cushing IIRC, so Taylor must see more of what he wants with White up top than Stanway.

But, I believe he'll mix up the styles and usefulness of the players as he has tried earlier in the season to little success, but now the team have become more cohesive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.