Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't try and insinuate what I was doing, you brought the men's game into the conversation, saying maybe you were spoiled by it compared to the woman.

Clearly, my point to you which you never answered was...

WHITE should be told not to drop back into midfield as she is nullifying her talent, no matter who the wingers are and then not being in the right place to receive the said through balls, that was the point, of course, the other point is accusing a player (Stanway) of pretty much deliberately not passing to White in a game, so it is nothing to do with point-scoring, don't be so bloody pathetic.

Mahrez what the fuck has he got to do with it? You're jumping about all over the place man get a grip.

Criticism or obsession?

Now you're being a bit silly. You're making out that I'm saying Stanway has an issue with White, when I'm saying she doesn't think quick about releasing the ball to a player in a better position and ends up trying to take loads of players and, thus, losing the ball.

She does this A LOT depending on the position she's played.

There have been times when she's even played out wide that ends up her taking on a player, overcooking the dribble and taking on a shot from the stupidest of angles and you'll see White arms out, screaming for the pass.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's true.

I just see she's not a very good striking partner for White.

I don't ever think the relationship is in tandem, it's one way. White WILL pass to Stanway if she's in a better position.

Can you remember the last time it was the other way around?

I hope she proves me wrong in this game, though!
Now you're being a bit silly. You're making out that I'm saying Stanway has an issue with White, when I'm saying she doesn't think quick about releasing the ball to a player in a better position and ends up trying to take loads of players and, thus, losing the ball.

She does this A LOT depending on the position she's played.

There have been times when she's even played out wide that ends up her taking on a player, overcooking the dribble and taking on a shot from the stupidest of angles and you'll see White arms out, screaming for the pass.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's true.
What you were saying is, it is one way White will pass to Stanway but not the other way around, better position or not.

Burst my bubble lol

And still, you haven't answered the question of why WHITE should be told not to drop back into midfield as she is nullifying her talent, no matter who the wingers are and then not being in the right place to receive the said through balls, balls into the box from the left or right.

You can blame Stanway all you want but again there are other players making passes and if White isn't up top where she should be she will not get those through balls to feed on and that is not Stanway's fault.

Finally...

You want me to take your judgement on football issues when you didn't even know we had lost the league to Chelsea whilst we were actually top, come on man.

What you were saying is, it is one way White will pass to Stanway but not the other way around, better position or not.

Burst my bubble lol

And still, you haven't answered the question of why WHITE should be told not to drop back into midfield as she is nullifying her talent, no matter who the wingers are and then not being in the right place to receive the said through balls, balls into the box from the left or right.

You can blame Stanway all you want but again there are other players making passes and if White isn't up top where she should be she will not get those through balls to feed on and that is not Stanway's fault.

Finally...

You want me to take your judgement on football issues when you didn't even know we had lost the league to Chelsea whilst we were actually top, come on man.

Wait, so you quote me saying "I see her as a not a very good striking partner for White" as what a problem? LOL! That's just stupid even for you! There are loads of striking duos not suited. Sheringham/ Cole, Dzeko/ Aguero and more besides! I don't see why it's a problem for you!

If you're having a pop at management for not instructing White properly, then maybe they should be sacked, in your eyes or White demoted?

Seeing as White is a seasoned vet, I would think she's discussed her role with the coach...

As for your 'goal' about the season end, I missed a bunch of games not knowing when they were being played.

Boo-hoo.

Not sure if this was posted before. Yesterday USA defeated Colombia 4-0 in a friendly. All goals were scored by the Mewis sisters; Sam scored 3 goals and her older sister Kristie scored the 4th. Sam played 64 minutes and was substituted by Rose Lavelle, whereas our new singing Abby Dahlkemper played the entire game.

Not sure if this was posted before. Yesterday USA defeated Colombia 4-0 in a friendly. All goals were scored by the Mewis sisters; Sam scored 3 goals and her older sister Kristie scored the 4th. Sam played 64 minutes and was substituted by Rose Lavelle, whereas our new singing Abby Dahlkemper played the entire game.
The socially distanced goal celebrations were interesting.

Turning to a couple of comments from other posters, I don’t see an issue with comparing the women’s and men’s players, within reason. Sam Mewis is like Yaya Toure in his prime, IMHO. Hope the US fans sing the Yaya / Kolo chant for the Mewis sisters!

The socially distanced goal celebrations were interesting.

Turning to a couple of comments from other posters, I don’t see an issue with comparing the women’s and men’s players, within reason. Sam Mewis is like Yaya Toure in his prime, IMHO. Hope the US fans sing the Yaya / Kolo chant for the Mewis sisters!
Sammy, Sammy Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy Mewis! Kristie, Kristie, Kristie, Kristie, Kristie,, Kristie Mewis!!

I'd quite like to hear or see that done for them as well!! I wasted my "Cityzens" question for new signing Dahlkemper already or I'd ask her if she would back having the squad sing that for Sam! :)

30 minute warning:

City vs Chelsea in Continental Cup kicks off at 17:30

Team news:

Your City side to face Chelsea!

XI | Bardsley, Bronze, Houghton (C), Greenwood, Morgan, Walsh, Scott, Stanway, Hemp, Kelly, White SUBS | Roebuck, Park, Coombs, Beckie, Ravening, Phillips, Davies, Window

30 minute warning:

City vs Chelsea in Continental Cup kicks off at 17:30

Team news:

Your City side to face Chelsea!

XI | Bardsley, Bronze, Houghton (C), Greenwood, Morgan, Walsh, Scott, Stanway, Hemp, Kelly, White SUBS | Roebuck, Park, Coombs, Beckie, Ravening, Phillips, Davies, Window
Is it on anywhere ?

Must be the first time the men and women have played at home at the same time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.