Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she really wants to be one. I may be mistaken but I've always understood she's willing to try and likely the best of a bad lot after our regulars are out.
I think that's the case with Beckie at fullback, Stanway at fullback 'n Greenwood at CB. They want to do the best thing for the team. But as a club we always seem to be on the shittiest of shitty ends when we make a mistake. I think it might be one of those seasons where we never field our strongest eleven.

I am sad to see what is happening with our women’s team. Not long ago we had a formidable setup with strong, skilled, energetic players in a quick passing, goal chance making, goal taking way of playing. Since Taylor took over as manager all of the above have gone missing. Do I blame the players? Well just a little bit. Their professionalism should have kicked in at some time but it hasn’t.
However the top management at City have a crisis on their hands in connection with the women’s game. In my opinion they need to take a good look at the manager, the other coaches and fitness persons and the people responsible for new signings.
My advice is the get rid of the lot now (they are obviously not up to the job) and bring in a new set who have experience of top women’s football nationally and internationally. If they don’t, the the regular attendants will stop going and the team will slide into oblivion.
Root and branch now will stop the rot in its tracks and give the players a lift they need now.

I am sad to see what is happening with our women’s team. Not long ago we had a formidable setup with strong, skilled, energetic players in a quick passing, goal chance making, goal taking way of playing. Since Taylor took over as manager all of the above have gone missing. Do I blame the players? Well just a little bit. Their professionalism should have kicked in at some time but it hasn’t.
However the top management at City have a crisis on their hands in connection with the women’s game. In my opinion they need to take a good look at the manager, the other coaches and fitness persons and the people responsible for new signings.
My advice is the get rid of the lot now (they are obviously not up to the job) and bring in a new set who have experience of top women’s football nationally and internationally. If they don’t, the the regular attendants will stop going and the team will slide into oblivion.
Root and branch now will stop the rot in its tracks and give the players a lift they need now.
Absolutely stuffed by all the injuries, who could possible wave a magic wand over that?

Indeed, and it has gone to the opposite extreme. The ordinary teams can defend a slow-moving, slow-witted attack, one that is approaching your penalty area and two passes later is back in the other half. There can't be many teams, if any, who can take a corner, or throw-in, in the final attacking quarter and a pass or two later we start again from our back four. The dynamism has been wrung out of the players and only seems to re-surface when Kelly or Hemp were in full flow. We have this season, arguably, better players, and I was one who, at the beginning of the season, saw nothing but areas being strengthened, and a challenge to CFC being seriously mounted, but even with a strongish strting eleven, injuries permitting, it's a toss up which moves faster - a City attack or the grass under their feet.

IMO he scored one of the most important goals in our history. Taylor scored in the victory over Stoke at Christmas in the play-off year. The game that turned our season and our future around.
I also remember him missing from a foot out against Wrexham on boxing Day that year. He managed to chip it onto the bar. He didn't look special in our League One team, looks even more clueless as a manager.

I also remember him missing from a foot out against Wrexham on boxing Day that year. He managed to chip it onto the bar. He didn't look special in our League One team, looks even more clueless as a manager.

I wasn’t at Wrexham and not aware of his miss. I was in the Platt Lane against Stoke when the City fans roused the team to win the game. The game remains one of my favourite for atmosphere. I’ve always liked him because of the hugely important goal he scored.

Got to say I’m disappointed with his management so far. I hope he can turn it around.

A couple of seasons ago we would have taken tomorrow's game as a formality, even though City teams rarely did a formality, but the winning Euromillions numbers are a safer guess than what the MCWFC starting eleven might be. I hope they've shaken the demolition by The Arse and the debacle v Haringay out of the collective system and we start pressing Leicester from the start!

Kennedy is usually a midfielder. Greenwood is usually/used to be a left back.

I don’t understand what we’re trying to achieve by not signing centre backs.
Kennedy played in midfield for Spurs but CB is her normal position. Played there in the NWSL and plays there for Australia.

Just seen we've 13 fit players for tomorrow. Kennedy and someone else are ineligible to play as they played for different clubs in the competition last season, which is a new one on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.