Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the standard of keeping in that league has done her no favours, some shocking goals to concede tbh

Be interesting to see her back in the top flight in England again.

Long time since Ellen White, Beth England or Nikita Paris could have a compilation tape like that………..Charley Wellings seems to know where the goal is and usually her shots are on target.
Large number of totally dreadful goalkeepers in the WSL - usually untested by that terrible trio……..

UEFA Women's U19 tournament starts on 27 July. Available on UEFA TV app (free) and BBC iPlayer??
England have Khiara Keating (youngest squad member - and totally distrusted by Gareth Taylor when Ellie was out injured last season. Her omission in favour of the utterly useless Taieb cost us any chance of going for the WSL) and Ruby Mace (rarely used) in a squad that features NO players from Chelsea, 1 from Arsenal, 0 from the Ragettes and Tottenham.
These are the players that City should be looking at.

Long time since Ellen White, Beth England or Nikita Paris could have a compilation tape like that………..Charley Wellings seems to know where the goal is and usually her shots are on target.
Large number of totally dreadful goalkeepers in the WSL - usually untested by that terrible trio……..
Don't get me wrong, White for City has been dreadful, I just hadn't heard of the lass you mentioned and went and looked for her on YouTube, the bad keeping stood out like a sore finger.
She obviously deserves a chance or deserved seeing as that door has been shut for now.

Twitter whispers ( I know) that Jess Park could be loaned to Everton with their Keeper Sandy MacIver coming to City?
Why would we need another #1 keeper, we need to give the chance to the young keeper who played well when she finally got the chance to replace that traffic cone.

We can't in the same thread be claiming Roebuck is England's number 1 and then see City sign another England international keeper on loan.
Of course, it would be great cover for injury if the worst happened.
Ultimately I think Ellie is a great keeper, as is Sandy, we don't need one keeper getting pissed off on the bench imo

Also, I want to see Park in our team, she has something about her, a little inconsistent but still so young, she will be a great player.

Last edited:
Why would we need another #1 keeper, we need to eithe to give the chance to the young keeper who played well when she finally got the chance to replace that traffic cone.

We can't in the same thread be claiming Roebuck is England's number 1 and then see City sign another England international keeper on loan.
Of course, it would be great cover for injuty if the worst happened.
Ultimately I think Ellie is a great keeper, as is Sandy, we don't need one keeper getting pissed off on the bench imo

Also, I want to see Park in our team, she has something about her, a little inconsistent but still so young, she will be a great player.
Park is a good prospect but her dallying before releasing the ball puts her light years behind Hemp and Kelly. Hopefully, Park can keep improving and be a contender for a starting position.

White’s form for England has been far better than Houghton’s in recent seasons. Houghton on is a legend but only on Blue Moan would White get dropped given her excellent record for England.

Last edited:
Steph might have a chance at BBC punditry………she is ex-Arsenal??
This England manager has a lot to prove - a squad that contains very little real quality. Apart from Ellie Roebuck, Alex Greenwood, Keira Walsh, Chloe Kelly and Lauren Hemp the rest are either ‘bang average’, ‘piss poor’ or living on past history…….or playing in WSL teams dominated by foreign stars.
How can Millie Bright, Jess Carter, Beth England, Mary Earps and the now dreadful Nikita Parris and Ellen White be selected above Steph Houghton???

The Earps decision is baffling- very poor keeper.

Park is a good prospect but her dallying before releasing the ball puts her light years behind Hemp and Kelly. Hopefully, Park can keep improving and be a contender for a starting position.
I am not for replacing Hemp or Kelly but she needs to remain and be an option for rotation or off the bench, we are not going to go through the season and just need two wingers, though they are probably the best two wingers in the league imo.

I just think Park has something to offer, she has a belting shot on her and is very attack orientated and one of our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.