Wonderwall

Was at the final yesterday, up in the gods of the South stand.
When the final whistle blew there was a medley of songs: Wonderwall, Hey Jude, Blue Moon, Singin the Blues, Rockin all over the world. There was a catchy number,I think it came after Wonderwall but didn't recognise it. Can anyone help out, it may have had the word City in it but it wasn't the Godley and Creme number?

When the final whistle blew there was a medley of songs: Wonderwall, Hey Jude, Blue Moon, Singin the Blues, Rockin all over the world. There was a catchy number,I think it came after Wonderwall but didn't recognise it. Can anyone help out, it may have had the word City in it but it wasn't the Godley and Creme number?

Doves - Words
If it’s the tune I think you’re referring too.
It was a special edited track they did though of this song and changed the words to “Live for City”

I love blue moon, always have and always will.. however, wonderwall is perfect, and for me born in the 80’s, oasis and city go hand in hand. I’d love it if this became our anthem. I think it already is.

Also, my first dance at my wedding was wonderwall because my wife wouldn’t allow bluemoon
Nice one, love the 2 songs you mention. Remember Oasis first time on TOTP, think it was Simon Mayo, something like, paraphrase “Manchester City fans Oasis, Shakermaker”. ears pricked up, been a fan ever since, initially because they were Blues but ever since just loved the music and the vibe.

Bonehead artexed a room in my mates house in Burnage before the band were famous, it’s his claim to fame

The song immediately after Wonderwall was Inspiral Carpets "This Is How It Feels" and then "Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Joy Division of course.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.