work permit fails

Thaksinssoldier

If memory serves me right, we lost out on a player a few years back thanks to him not getting a permit.

I cant for the life of me remember who it was.

Any ideas?

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
McDonald Mariga, who is currently without a club.

That's the bloody one!

Cheers blue.

Cracks me up that for years we sweated on permits, and the rags got them for every muppet with half a leg.

Hey, just because Guilermo Varela was only Peneral's 3rd choice RB and couldn't get anywhere near the Uruguay national team, doesn't mean he didn't deserve a work permit to play for the rags. After all, if they think he's good then who are the government to judge?

On the other hand Omar Abdulrahman may of had 20 or 30 caps for his country by the age of 22 and was rated as the best player in the arab world, but it was only little old City who wanted him, so the good old "denied" stamp got another outing.

I think we had some problems with Mikail Kavelashvili too - we didnt play him so he lost his national team place and then couldnt get a work permit so we had to lend him to Grasshoppaz ...

Must have been fun getting Drago Stepanowitz and Kazimiera Deyna permits back in the old iron curtain days too

BigOscar said:
Hey, just because Guilermo Varela was only Peneral's 3rd choice RB and couldn't get anywhere near the Uruguay national team, doesn't mean he didn't deserve a work permit to play for the rags. After all, if they think he's good then who are the government to judge?

On the other hand Omar Abdulrahman may of had 20 or 30 caps for his country by the age of 22 and was rated as the best player in the arab world, but it was only little old City who wanted him, so the good old "denied" stamp got another outing.

wasnt that after we won the league? Are we still interested in this guy? Never seen him play but heard hes decent and we offered a four year deal at the time

BigOscar said:

To say nothing of Anderson getting a permit on the basis of "outstanding natural talent", which was clearly in evidence at MK the other night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.