Work Place advice!

So I work somewhere where there a lot of dismissals, something like 40% in the last year since the new Ops manager has arrived!

There is a lot of pressure for everyone to go above and beyond, there is a limit to the amount of work available because our job is demanding during incidents, and that isn't massively frequent!

If you are seen as a slacker, you're blacklisted, if you actively improve things ( me and a few others ) you are seen as a threat, and ignored. How do you diplomatically manage these type of environments to evade the cross hairs?!

ps.... I know it's bad times for a lot of people work wise, and I appreciate and am grateful I've not been to affected by covid.

Are you a mod ? Ps mods that was a joke ..

Ok I’ve been in this situation ...... my advice is keep your head down !! My situation was ( in brief ) consisted of going on a Christmas do / ending up at a hotel / naked pictures / a lad who was working with me shagging a female director of the company 20+ years older than him ( she had a face like a leather bag btw ) then 2 years later me getting sacked ( in a blaze of glory ) . Got to say at the time it was a bad time to go through ( getting sacked ) but don’t regret any of it ! Was a funny time just having 2 years of singing “ toy boy “ by Sinitta / “ Secret lovers “ etc . Fair play to the lad he’s still with her but fuck me she’s not aged well :-/

Why do you even care what people there think? ..... just go in, keep your head down, do your job , and fuck the lot of em!

Do they have an HR Dept? they should already be all over this by law, with the disciplinary rates under their management.
What employees should do if they’re bullied or harassed
Employees should see if they can sort out the problem informally first. If they cannot, they should talk to their:

• manager
  • human resources (HR) department
  • trade union representative
If this does not work, they can make a formal complaint using their employer’s grievance procedure. If this does not work and they’re still being harassed, they can take legal action at an employment tribunal.

They could also call the Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) helpline for advice:

Acas helpline
Telephone: 0300 123 1100
Textphone: 18001 0300 123 1100
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Ok I’ve been in this situation ...... my advice is keep your head down !! My situation was ( in brief ) consisted of going on a Christmas do / ending up at a hotel / naked pictures / a lad who was working with me shagging a female director of the company 20+ years older than him ( she had a face like a leather bag btw ) then 2 years later me getting sacked ( in a blaze of glory ) . Got to say at the time it was a bad time to go through ( getting sacked ) but don’t regret any of it ! Was a funny time just having 2 years of singing “ toy boy “ by Sinitta / “ Secret lovers “ etc . Fair play to the lad he’s still with her but fuck me she’s not aged well :-/

Rules can be relaxed at staff social occasions.

We had a Christmas one at the Britannia on Portland Street and there were similar shenanigans. The Irish lad got his end away with the fat Scouse lass. It was round by Monday.

I was pointing at a section manager’s boobs as someone took a photo. She laughed it off when she saw it. She was one rum lady.

Why do you even care what people there think? ..... just go in, keep your head down, do your job , and fuck the lot of em!

Don’t you want to get on with your colleagues?

We’re quite close at my current place. My team, the boss, the bosses boss plus a few others. Trips to the pub are well attended whilst they’ve been really cliquey in previous jobs.

Don’t you want to get on with your colleagues?

We’re quite close at my current place. My team, the boss, the bosses boss plus a few others. Trips to the pub are well attended whilst they’ve been really cliquey in previous jobs.

The bosses wont want 'slackers' , will they ?? .... and its their decision , and opinion, that really counts ... not your colleagues!

What are your colleagues afraid of??? .... or are they all 'slackers'???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.