Work Place advice!

Work pays the mortgage but should npot control your life. Family first and foremost!
That said, cover your ass at all times, get as much in writing as possible and keep good records.
I had managers who tried to fuck me over (suspended for 6 months) and it was detailed records and FOI requests that saved the day.
Its sad there are so many employers out there who dont really value the staff that want to come in and just do a good days work.

Its sad there are so many employers out there who dont really value the staff that want to come in and just do a good days work.

Tell me about it. I worked in three consecutive organisations where the manager’s favourites got away with murder and hard workers carried them work wise.

It did so much damage to my mental health.

Tell me about it. I worked in three consecutive organisations where the manager’s favourites got away with murder and hard workers carried them work wise.

It did so much damage to my mental health.
Sorry to hear that Peo...It amazes me that managers dont get the basic idea that a happy workforce is a more productive workforce.
It doesnt take much, just decent communications to staff. They may not like what they hear but at least they are being talked to and decisions explained.
The whole mental health at work thing was overlooked for so long and it took and continues to take a heavy toll on staff. I know at least two of my colleagues that have suffered hugely in this regard and all or mostly caused by ignorant and arrogant managers who are out to make a name for themselves.

As someone else said in this thread....Ambition can be a dangerous thing in some workplaces

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.