Work Place advice!

oman0115

So I work somewhere where there a lot of dismissals, something like 40% in the last year since the new Ops manager has arrived!

There is a lot of pressure for everyone to go above and beyond, there is a limit to the amount of work available because our job is demanding during incidents, and that isn't massively frequent!

If you are seen as a slacker, you're blacklisted, if you actively improve things ( me and a few others ) you are seen as a threat, and ignored. How do you diplomatically manage these type of environments to evade the cross hairs?!

ps.... I know it's bad times for a lot of people work wise, and I appreciate and am grateful I've not been to affected by covid.

Is the Ops manager firing people to bring their own team in? Those percentages surprise me as a resourcing man but what happens in some workplaces never ceases to amaze me...

What type of work do you do ? I presume your not unionised ? For a start you could put a collective grievance into H/R .
Also a confidential call to ACAS would be a start.

What type of work do you do ? I presume your not unionised ? For a start you could put a collective grievance into H/R .
Also a confidential call to ACAS would be a start.

I don't want any grievance, I just want enough work to keep me happy, without giving the impression I am after anyone's job because I am not.

Is the Ops manager firing people to bring their own team in? Those percentages surprise me as a resourcing man but what happens in some workplaces never ceases to amaze me...

He's got rid of some people who I have no sympathy for, but once he had his first kill he's got the thirst for it! They have a 'blacklist' and it's common knowledge within the department.... Really not good for anyones' state of mind!

I don't want any grievance, I just want enough work to keep me happy, without giving the impression I am after anyone's job because I am not.
Make a pass at the boss in the bogs. An unpredictable tactic, but guaranteed to change the workplace dynamic for better or worse. If it goes tits-up phone in with a cough the next day and have 10 days self-isolating netflix action while things calm down. Failing that, torch the place at night.

Make a pass at the boss in the bogs. An unpredictable tactic, but guaranteed to change the workplace dynamic for better or worse. If it goes tits-up phone in with a cough the next day and have 10 days self-isolating netflix action while things calm down. Failing that, torch the place at night.

Bluemoon standard operating procedure - guaranteed to work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.