Work Place advice!

The bosses wont want 'slackers' , will they ?? .... and its their decision , and opinion, that really counts ... not your colleagues!

What are your colleagues afraid of??? .... or are they all 'slackers'???

Your post indicated you isolate yourself from everyone and are non-communicative. How do you contribute in meetings or express ideas?

Imagine a City player who gave that impression at the club. Nobody would want him in the team.

I’ve worked with cunts before. Snobs through to scallies. It’s been shit.

Your post indicated you isolate yourself from everyone and are non-communicative. How do you contribute in meetings or express ideas?

Imagine a City player who gave that impression at the club. Nobody would want him in the team.

I’ve worked with cunts before. Snobs through to scallies. It’s been shit.

Have never had a problem in any workplace I've ever been in because i've always just turned up every day and done my job to the best of my ability ... if others we're ever worried about that it was their problem

But I can tell you one thing, my bosses certainly weren't .... and that's what's kept me in jobs!

I still went to every works do going, and was welcomed , because i didn't ever snitch on anybody , never disrespected them, and simply didn't ever put myself above anybody else ... I was just one of the team.

And if ANY City player wants a 'slacker' in the team i'll be more than surprised ... and so would Guardiola!

Last edited:
Uk companies are all about fear, where did the new ops manager come from? I bet he didnt get promoted from within your division. So he has pressure to get results so he is in fear of his job, but he aint going to carry the can so he deflects, it will always be someone elses fault never his. I bet he has an ology of some kind and studied management without actually doing the job he is now overseeing. I worked for a large Airline no names mentioned but lets call them Big Airways their philosphy at the time was a manager is a manager it doesnt matter what they are managing it could be making baked beans or running a division of a major airline, doesnt matter your a manager,manage thats what you do, and because of that philosophy they ended up with some absolutely horrendous people as heads of department who really couldn't "manage" the running of a bathroom tap yet alone a major department.

B Hauer Publishing were no different. Once Mauer Bedia were brought in with us then they oversaw the departure of a number of Directors who were unfit to do their jobs.

My bosses boss wouldn't allow her to manage and did nothing but interfere. He had zero empathy for anyone which suggested sociopath.

Uk companies are all about fear, where did the new ops manager come from? I bet he didnt get promoted from within your division. So he has pressure to get results so he is in fear of his job, but he aint going to carry the can so he deflects, it will always be someone elses fault never his. I bet he has an ology of some kind and studied management without actually doing the job he is now overseeing. I worked for a large Airline no names mentioned but lets call them Big Airways their philosphy at the time was a manager is a manager it doesnt matter what they are managing it could be making baked beans or running a division of a major airline, doesnt matter your a manager,manage thats what you do, and because of that philosophy they ended up with some absolutely horrendous people as heads of department who really couldn't "manage" the running of a bathroom tap yet alone a major department.

Very very true. We have one at our place who is not technical staff but has been shoe horned into a managerial position underneath the line manager, with no qualifications. He's a nice bloke but too weak, so this has led to this understudy woman almost taking over his team and pissing off everybody other than one staff member. It's a nightmare to work with, control freak and forever slagging off team members to anybody who will listen and complaining about her workload, it's a toxic environment. Bullied a few out of their jobs, to the point the line manager's boss believes everything she says and sacks them over work quality, or they walk off and get a new job in a less toxic environment. I've learned the hard way to keep her sweet but at arm's length but it ain't healthy at all.

So I work somewhere where there a lot of dismissals, something like 40% in the last year since the new Ops manager has arrived!

There is a lot of pressure for everyone to go above and beyond, there is a limit to the amount of work available because our job is demanding during incidents, and that isn't massively frequent!

If you are seen as a slacker, you're blacklisted, if you actively improve things ( me and a few others ) you are seen as a threat, and ignored. How do you diplomatically manage these type of environments to evade the cross hairs?!

ps.... I know it's bad times for a lot of people work wise, and I appreciate and am grateful I've not been to affected by covid.

If its gets political you will be out on your ear sooner rather than later so stay out of the politics whether you have supervisory responsibility or not.

Don't worry about what others think about your work ethic and abilities in the job.

Just do it as best as you can and get as much job satisfaction as you can by doing that.

Surround yourself with co -workers of like minded values.

Very very true. We have one at our place who is not technical staff but has been shoe horned into a managerial position underneath the line manager, with no qualifications. He's a nice bloke but too weak, so this has led to this understudy woman almost taking over his team and pissing off everybody other than one staff member. It's a nightmare to work with, control freak and forever slagging off team members to anybody who will listen and complaining about her workload, it's a toxic environment. Bullied a few out of their jobs, to the point the line manager's boss believes everything she says and sacks them over work quality, or they walk off and get a new job in a less toxic environment. I've learned the hard way to keep her sweet but at arm's length but it ain't healthy at all.

Sounds like we work at the same place. I wouldn't be so quick to label as I am not a professional but would encourage you to read the book "Snakes In Suits". A book written about corporate psychopaths and how they use superficial charm and other dark arts to further their ambition. It's almost a manual to how these people behave. I have been sweating with rage at times when reading it and actually find it a bit too close to home to finish.

I don't want any grievance, I just want enough work to keep me happy, without giving the impression I am after anyone's job because I am not.

If they arent already aware then explain this to the ops manager at your next opportunity/check-in.

An employee who is settled, performs at their highest possible level and is happy doing so is a valuable asset.

Sounds like the culture isnt great where you are but at least if your OM knows where you stand you should be given suitable drivers of which to keep you motivated and help the team. If not, then your OM isnt doing their job correctly...

Sounds like we work at the same place. I wouldn't be so quick to label as I am not a professional but would encourage you to read the book "Snakes In Suits". A book written about corporate psychopaths and how they use superficial charm and other dark arts to further their ambition. It's almost a manual to how these people behave. I have been sweating with rage at times when reading it and actually find it a bit too close to home to finish.

The one in question at my place has it cushty and knows she wouldn't get a job anywhere as well paid or the same job title elsewhere. Always threatening to leave but never does any of us a favour and actually leaves.

I'm struggling a bit there at the moment as like-minded individuals are either leaving or being hung out to dry with her raking them over the coals to the bosses. Don't know whether it's best to try and move on or hang around and hope to eventually move up the slippery ladder, but I'm an honest face value human being who will refuse to stamp on anybody to further my own career. Seems to be a dying breed in these companies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.