Work Place advice!

Once the realisation that her promotion was beyond her skill set and that she was going to be found out in the role, then yes she latched on to a senior manager and sucked knob like a pro and was really quite blase about it to be honest, last i heard she had been promoted sideways a few times but was still getting protection from above .

Knew it mate, these people are so predictable to anybody with half a brain in their head. The one we have at our place has caused so much mither that a handful of us have thought of trying to overthrow her, but she seems to be untouchable by the bosses. Same woman was bragging to staff that she did paid work for a very large unrelated company whilst off on furlough in April; despite all of us being told at the time this was not an option. Same woman was called back off furlough after 2 weeks, well ahead of anybody else despite being less qualified. I don't know where this would stand in terms of gross misconduct but if I was a bit more spiteful I think I'd have thrown that trump card into the hat by now, it just opens a can of works for the whole team though if she got off lightly.

Knew it mate, these people are so predictable to anybody with half a brain in their head. The one we have at our place has caused so much mither that a handful of us have thought of trying to overthrow her, but she seems to be untouchable by the bosses. Same woman was bragging to staff that she did paid work for a very large unrelated company whilst off on furlough in April; despite all of us being told at the time this was not an option. Same woman was called back off furlough after 2 weeks, well ahead of anybody else despite being less qualified. I don't know where this would stand in terms of gross misconduct but if I was a bit more spiteful I think I'd have thrown that trump card into the hat by now, it just opens a can of works for the whole team though if she got off lightly.

In Big Airways i saw a junior secretary go from just that ,to head of department because she had come up with an idea ! Her idea was to copy and paste the BBC weather every hour and mass e mail it to the flight crew and cabin crew every hour !! Now the flightdeck had access to state of the art weather forecasting at any given time while on duty, and the cabin crew would be briefed by the captain on weather down route as well. This idea and its implication got her promoted way above what she was capable of with a salary to match, she was a disaster the idea got binned after a flood of complaints but she had her promotion and salary and she was on her way to the corporate world .
Ah, the old deliverables. So many bullshit projects happen in my company just because at the end of the year, you have to show what you've achieved (and most of what we do isn't particularly measurable). It's this ridiculous situation where your end of year review isn't based on the bulk of what you're actually employed to do or what you spend most of your time doing, but on all of this extra-curricular shit. So stuff is constantly changing not because there's anything particularly wrong with the way they're done at the moment, just because it gives someone the chance to say that they've 'implemented a new system for...blah blah blah."

The worst one I saw was a manager who came in, changed the entire way the scheduling was decided, resulting in all of the most experienced staff leaving the company in a big fuck you (the ones that had kids and couldn't see them if they agreed to it), and then left herself before her contract was even finished.

Ah, the old deliverables. So many bullshit projects happen in my company just because at the end of the year, you have to show what you've achieved (and most of what we do isn't particularly measurable). It's this ridiculous situation where your end of year review isn't based on the bulk of what you're actually employed to do or what you spend most of your time doing, but on all of this extra-curricular shit. So stuff is constantly changing not because there's anything particularly wrong with the way they're done at the moment, just because it gives someone the chance to say that they've 'implemented a new system for...blah blah blah."

The worst one I saw was a manager who came in, changed the entire way the scheduling was decided, resulting in all of the most experienced staff leaving the company in a big fuck you (the ones that had kids and couldn't see them if they agreed to it), and then left herself before her contract was even finished.

Seems to be a bit of a trend being set here. Women in UK given an inch of power and running a mile with it. I've met some real scum men and nasty little perverts in the workplace, but some of these so called professional women, in roles above their ability, have to be some of the worst humans I've come across in any walk of life.

Thank fuck i've never worked in an office, or anywhere that has a HR dept. Or needed to 'bring ideas to the table' or be a team player or network or all the other claptrap.

Thank fuck i've never worked in an office, or anywhere that has a HR dept. Or needed to 'bring ideas to the table' or be a team player or network or all the other claptrap.

The sociopath I worked for would make after work drinks near compulsory and always arrange team meals for togetherness. If you didn't go then she'd call you out on it. You knew full well that half of them were playing the game. Awful witch.

Do none of us have our own friends? Families with young children? Money worries?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.