Working in town

117 M34

I may be moving jobs to one working in town.

Are there any benefits to working in town?

It just seems to me that it's going to take me longer to get to and from work and cost me a fortune in parking or train fares with no obvious benefits.

It just seems to me that it's going to take me longer to get to and from work and cost me a fortune in parking or train fares with no obvious benefits.

It sounds to me like you really aren't looking forward to possibly working in town!

I changed jobs last year and decided against working in Manchester for the reasons above.

In the last 22 years I have worked in town continuously. Great place to work.

I don’t understand why anyone would choose to work in a city centre, it baffles me.

I understand people have to because of money (if the salary justifies the additional time & cost of commuting) or because there’s limited job opportunities elsewhere but surely no one would choose to work in Manchester if they didn’t really have to. I’ve done it before, an hour and half commute for 13 miles, it’s fucking sole destroying.

Where are you travelling from?

I work in town and Harpurhey, but mainly town, never found it a pain, but I don't drive so parking fees not problem.

Which part of town?

Where are you travelling from?
Travelling from denton.
My options are:
- Drive in and park (parking costs)
- Drive to nearby station (guide bridge or reddish) and get train from there
-Drive to Ashburys Station and get train from there. This would reduce train fares.

I'm looking to change career and all but 2 companies in the industry are based in town. I'm going to try to get in one of the 2 out of town but if not, I will end up having to go into town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.