Working in town

Bad enough having to go through the shithole to get to the match ...working there I can’t imagine

Bad enough having to go through the shithole to get to the match ...working there I can’t imagine

I just don’t get this - what is so bad about it? Traffic has been a pain but the city is alive and great.

I just don’t get this - what is so bad about it? Traffic has been a pain but the city is alive and great.
I just don’t enjoy swanky bars and restaurants when I have to dodge people walking round in crusty duvets & step over rough sleepers in the doorways after i’ve Just said no to 9th beggar , i’m A bit weird that way.

Manchester is not alone in having a homeless or begging problem. Go to any large town or city and you'll see the same. I was visiting someone in the sleepy market town of Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire the other day, counted 15 in the (very small) town centre. I was shocked

As for work. As someone who worked in the city of London for years I'd highly recommend it. The social scene after work is blinding. I'd expect central Manchester to be the same. Can't believe the pelters Manchester gets on here. I think it's a great city

I may be moving jobs to one working in town.

Are there any benefits to working in town?

It just seems to me that it's going to take me longer to get to and from work and cost me a fortune in parking or train fares with no obvious benefits.

I have taken a job in Newcastle City Centre - on a 3 month contract for now. Not sure how long it will last though. A 100 mile per day round trip commute and £12 per day to park. Money is decent though. My plan is to see if I can get to work from home asap then things will be much better - the travelling is killing me !!

Travelling from denton.
My options are:
- Drive in and park (parking costs)
- Drive to nearby station (guide bridge or reddish) and get train from there
-Drive to Ashburys Station and get train from there. This would reduce train fares.

I'm looking to change career and all but 2 companies in the industry are based in town. I'm going to try to get in one of the 2 out of town but if not, I will end up having to go into town.

201 bus straight down Hyde Road to Piccadilly £16 for 7 days travel

I just don’t enjoy swanky bars and restaurants when I have to dodge people walking round in crusty duvets & step over rough sleepers in the doorways after i’ve Just said no to 9th beggar , i’m A bit weird that way.
Yep. Look up and you can see the great architecture from when Manchester was the richest city around. Look down and all you see is vomit, rubbish and spiced up people lying under quilts

Yep. Look up and you can see the great architecture from when Manchester was the richest city around. Look down and all you see is vomit, rubbish and spiced up people lying under quilts
Don’t get me wrong , I was brought up in a rough area , i’m Not a snob , I know what filth looks like . They can build as many office blocks , fancy bars & restaurants as they like but the true test of a great City is the streets , full of filth, shanty towns for rough sleepers , drug addicts & you can’t walk 100 yds without someone mithering for money . I can’t gage it against calcuter or Delhi as i’ve Never been but I was in Palermo a few months ago & felt a lot safer than my own City , in the last 5years it’s gone down the pan .

I have taken a job in Newcastle City Centre - on a 3 month contract for now. Not sure how long it will last though. A 100 mile per day round trip commute and £12 per day to park. Money is decent though. My plan is to see if I can get to work from home asap then things will be much better - the travelling is killing me !!
You should stay up there, it’s great city, some cracking bars on Grey street.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.