World Class Players Or Passionate Players Who Give Everything?

Let’s just get the squad back from injury and then we will see which ones are passionate about City the club rather than just City the corporate entity.
Personally I don’t think it helps that they haven’t got the fans there showing them how much City the club means to us and how loyal we can be to a player who gives that extra 10% to show us his loyalty as well.
Or is this the ramblings of an old fool who thinks City are the best team in the land in all the world? (Knows not just thinks!!)
I agree with fans 100%. We will see many shocks and upsets in terms of results in the league this year due to that.

in 2004 we had Barton and McPointy playing. One had a lot of talent, Mega money transfers, caps for his country, and now a job on telly. The other one had less talent, less money, less caps and wouldnt be allowed on telly. But which one did we prefer? The one with a pair of balls and some desire. Weve been blessed with a few that had both, but mostly it's only one quality that a player has. If you met any ex players in't pub, whichever ones you would offer to buy a pint for would probably answer your question. Cocaine sniffing dirty scouse weasel fowler, or Mark Lillis.

I reckon the distinction should more be between passionate and technical.
World class players almost by definitoon have both technique and passion/ drive. The passion may be for themselves rather than necessarily their club but the drive must exist for the player with the technique to achieve world class status.
You clearly need a mixture of both to suceed at the top level, Arseanls technique under Wenger was rarely in doubt when the passion went so did their success , equally I don't really doubt Burnleys drive , but they are not going to win a title any time soon.

See this is what I'm saying with passion VS world class talent. In my book KDB embodies both where as Yaya didn't. Yaya was a worldie but you couldn't rely on him to dig deep, run around and get stuck in to get us out of trouble. KDB never stops running, always fighting to get the ball back and get back into the game. Yaya got to the point where he just wandered around the half way line.

Yaya didn’t need to run around and get stuck in to get us out of trouble because he was capable of just taking the game by the scruff of the neck, dominating the ball, setting the tempo and scoring absolutely crucial goals.

But to answer the thread we need a bit of both. Living in hope that the Benfica fans are right about Dias being in the Ramos mould because we are crying out for that at the min.

Roberto Mancini didn't rate Yaya as a defensive midfielder. Moved him further foward where he was the most effective.

Nonsense thread. You become world class by being effective week after week. By being the best in your position or top two or three at least. Anyone who says they would prefer a Dickov over a Yaya is deluded. You get a hybrid and your set but they are few and far between. That’s your Gerrards and Terrys. Hopefully Foden and Doyle for us.
However you should always choose world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.