World Cup 2018 | 10th July | SF: France vs Belgium, KO 19:00 (BST)

MCFC1993

TUESDAY 10TH JULY

FRANCE VS BELGIUM

Match kicks off at 19:00 (BST)
, I assume on BBC because ITV will have the England game. Will update the presenter, pundits etc…. and confirm the channel for sure in the next couple of days.

I think most of us will want Belgium to win, as most of us will want them to win it if England doesn’t. That said Belgium are arguably the better side, so maybe England’s best chances are if France qualify. I personally don’t think there’s much of a difference, so would prefer Belgium as I want them to win it if England doesn’t.

De Bruyne and Kompany expected to start, Mendy will be on France’s bench.

France’s route to the Semi Final:
nTwd64L.png

Belgium’s route to the Semi Final:
34VHv9S.png

France’s goal scorers so far:
Mbappe (3)
Griezmann (3)
Pavard (1)
Varane (1)
Own Goal (1)

Belgium’s goal scorers so far:
Lukaku (4)
Hazard (2)
Mertens (1)
Batshuayi (1)
Januzaj (1)
Vertonghen (1)
Fellaini (1)
Chadli (1)
De Bruyne (1)
Own Goal (1)

Should be a great game, expect Belgium to win though, France commit far too many forwards at times and the Belgian counter attack is lethal.

Hope France win as Belgium are better, less predictable, more of a set piece threat(8 of their starters from the last game are 6'1+ vs 2 of ours) + Courtois snuffs out way more crosses than Lloris when we'd go the other way.

I know it’s jumping the gun a little but a Belgium v England final would be absolutely brilliant, though it would end in disappointment for one set of City players. Can anyone recall the last time qualifiers from the same initial group both got to the final?

Right , it’s off to bed for me . It’s 8.30pm here in the West of Australia and I’ve got 2 nights of 2am wake ups to watch the semis.
Come on Belgium !!!!

I know it’s jumping the gun a little but a Belgium v England final would be absolutely brilliant, though it would end in disappointment for one set of City players. Can anyone recall the last time qualifiers from the same initial group both got to the final?
Probably 1962, Brazil drew 0-0 with the Czechs in the group match and beat them 3-1 in the Final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.