World Cup 2018 | 11th July | SF: Croatia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

We lost that game in the first half.

We absolutely battered them but only had one goal to show for it.

They were always going to come back into it and their experience told in the end.

As for the first goal that was not Walker's fault.
It was a good goal rather than a mistake.
Hoddle said he was slow getting his header in, but fcuks sake there was no way he can react quicker than that flick from the guy's outstretched leg.

Why would anybody take notice of anything that fuckwit Hoddle says ?

Lack of creativity proved to be Englands downfall, we only had 7 shots on target in the 3 knockout games (and one of them was a penalty). Hopefully the likes of Foden, Sancho, Mount and Sessegnon will get plenty of top flight football in the next 2-3 years.

Cheer up England .......all is not lost .... he arrives tomorrow ...

USPOLITICSTRUMP.jpeg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpeg

Disappointed but not surprised - Croatia's class players made the difference in the end.

England were very limited in midfield which should give our Phil a great incentive to establish himself before the 2020 Euro's.

Can't agree with this - done really well with quite a limited group of players IMHO in a league where English players don't get much game time. Few things I would have done differently but he's cleared the decks, imposed a system, made us effective at set pieces, etc etc. A strong generation of better players to come through too.
Marco is right.

To be fair to Croatia they got it right second half. Nullify Sterling and England have nothing.
Although his distribution was woeful Henderson I thought was good (I hate him) he had nobody within 5-10 yards of him to pass to other than than our defenders. Lingaard and Alli is this generations Lampard and Gerrard. Rashford you can see has some talent but he's nowhere near ready, his in game intelligence and positioning is awful and he always plays with his head down.

Southgate has to take this as his substitutions were too late and mind-bogglingly like for like (reminded me of Pellers). You could see we needed Delph or Loftus-Cheek for Alli or Lingard within 10mins of that second half. He'll hopefully learn from it though.

All in all, proud of them. Nobody expected us to get this far at the start of the tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.