World Cup 2018 | 11th July | SF: Croatia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

Germany legend Lothar Matthäus: "I said to my neighbour [in the seat next to me], ‘This Stones is one of the best central defenders in the world’."

He'll head in the winner

“Fabian, Don’t let Modric touch the ball. Jordan, your lad’s Rakitic. The rest of you...9 on 9 you MURDER this team, so get on it.

Kyle and Ashley, sorry lads, horses for courses, and I need a different look. Danny, shine yer boots, lad, yer starting.

Now, get Raheem a goal and don’t come back until you’ve won!

Let’s ave it!”

I dont want him to be shit mate and I havent heard it being said. Just mine own two eyes. I think we need a stronger midfield than we have, but I hope we have enough to get to the final
Of course we need a stronger midfield. We could do with better back up strikers than Vardy and Kane as well but we have what we have.

The “Henderson is shit” mob are almost as bad as the “Sterling is a ****” tribe.

Croatia were not convincing at all v. a plucky Russian side. If England can control the mid, they should win.

Croatia were not convincing at all v. a plucky Russian side. If England can control the mid, they should win.

That is the big question and I'm not sure they can

Was going to post exactly this. Our midfield appears to be Henderson running around all the time 'firefighting'. We have no creative midfield players, one of the reasons why Raz has been so ineffectual. The BBC TV guys the other day were blaming Trippier and Walker for not getting the ball in the area, all well and good but with Kane and Raz in the area what is the point? Where is the invention in midfield going to come from? Not saying Croatia will be any better but I would rather have Modric and Rakatic in our side than theirs.

German colours taken off.
St. George's Cross / blue MANCHESTER now waving in the Hamburg breeze outside my window :)

If England just go on the same and don't start thinking what they are about, well...

Story is written. Rakitic missing the last penalty.

Hope to see 6 blues on Sunday in the final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.