World Cup 2018 | 15th July | Final: France vs Croatia, KO 16:00 (BST)

Awarding Griezmann's free kick was a clear and obvious error leading directly to a goal. Noone got in his ear over that. Clearly they were in his ear about the penalty though. In terms of how VAR is implemented Croatia were clearly disadvantaged. Just shows that VAR really solves nothing. Decisions are still contentious, poor referreing still leads to unfair goals. I'd rather just leave VAR for the black and white decisions (goal line tech, offsides) and leave the rest the way it is and not destroy the flow of the game.

Awarding Griezmann's free kick was a clear and obvious error leading directly to a goal. Noone got in his ear over that. Clearly they were in his ear about the penalty though. In terms of how VAR is implemented Croatia were clearly disadvantaged. Just shows that VAR really solves nothing. Decisions are still contentious, poor referreing still leads to unfair goals. I'd rather just leave VAR for the black and white decisions (goal line tech, offsides) and leave the rest the way it is and not destroy the flow of the game.
Couldn’t agree more, as some one previously said, open to abuse

100% a penalty. Happens on the half way line and it’s given. Doesn’t touch the player in front of him so don’t get all this “he was too close to get out the way” stuff. It was a cross from miles away that was untouched. Handball. Penalty.
I agree...

*checks poster...

Stop the world I wanna get off :-)

Change us for Croatia and the free kick & penalty would be awarded against us, if on the other foot and we were the attacking side no fucking chance.

Not saying FIFA wanted a French win but I'm sure for ££££ err I mean the good of the game a France win was most welcome.

It wasn't a 'clear & obvious' mistake it was a difficult to see one, which could be interpreted either way, as it already has been previously in this tournament.

As it happens, because his arm moved toward the ball, it could have been deliberate so I'd be inclined to give it as a pen. But some refs would decide it was an accident & not give it.

They are choosing incidents for the ref to review, randomly & it's fucking rubbish & absolutely begging for abuse by criminals.
It’s clear and obvious BECAUSE he didn’t see it! That’s exactly what it is for - to let him know that he may have missed something.

As for begging for abuse - is having one bloke with a whistle making all the decisions not open to more corruption? At least we can see justification for decisions with VAR.

the problem with france is that they are french

only joking congrats france

Change us for Croatia and the free kick & penalty would be awarded against us, if on the other foot and we were the attacking side no fucking chance.

Not saying FIFA wanted a French win but I'm sure for ££££ err I mean the good of the game a France win was most welcome.
I agree

Of course he deserves his awards. Ask any player in either squad wherever they think he deserves his medals and I’d wager their answer would be different to yours.
You can’t underestimate team morale and Mendy has given both City and France it in spades.
I remember lukaku getting an award for Chelsea and saying he didn’t deserve it? I’m sure it was him. The players who play on the pitch deserve it, cheerleaders don’t imo. Not saying I’m correct mate just my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.