World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

A lot of that square passing is due to the left back and left sided centre half being right footed, I said it this afternoon that we need a balance and Young doesn’t offer it, easy for Tunisia to force us inside and backwards by just keeping shape. Needs Rose or Delph to start.

Rose for me. Delph is not the greatest going forward. Even for us he rarely bombed on in comparison to walker on the right.

Its all over this forum from knocking Kane or Rashford to defending Sterlings England performances. Its a forum so without doubt people will view the game differently but in some instances its clearly through blue tinted specs.
Yep,plenty struggle to be impartial and end up talking shite as a result.

The Rashford love in baffles me - I tried to switch off the bias whilst watching him and yes he brought a fresh energy - thats what subs are meant to do - but with very little impact. Where as Loftus-Cheek was having an impact creating opportunities. I'm sure bringing him on was right, because he's a lucky player who scores goals at the right times - but for those who think he should start before Sterling are kidding themselves - he doesn't offer the movement or guile or team play that Sterling offers. Southgate knows that - but doesn't seem to think Sterling can play the right midfielder role he plays for City - is he really not a better option that Lingard in that inside forward role when you want something to happened need a goal.

I see on the BBC rating thing that Sterling has 4, Lingard 6 and Rashford almost 7 - despite Lingard missing 3 big chances, Rashford creating nothing and Sterling being no worse than anyone else. Just shows how so many are influenced by the negative publicity he gets - rather than watching what actually happens
I think Rachford is a good player , but didn't do anything different from what Stirling was doing, the big difference was Luftus Cheek for a invisible Dele Alli . Now it would be interesting if Southgate started with Stirling & Rachford (drop Lingard) having two players that could run at a defence.

We should go 4 at the back in a conventional set up against Panama. Play Rose at LB and bring in Dier instead of Henderson, and no I am not a Spurs fan.

I’d agree with that.

Rose for me. Delph is not the greatest going forward. Even for us he rarely bombed on in comparison to walker on the right.

4-3-3.

Walker, Stones, Maguire, Rose
Dier, RLC, Delph
Sterling, Kane, Rashford

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.