World Cup 2018 | 21st June Matches | Next Match: Argentina vs Croatia, KO 19:00 (BST)

Sergio throwing serious shade at Sampaoli, I love it. Hope Iceland take their place.

Can they still realistically qualify ?

Fair play to Croatia tonight. That was probably best performance of the tournament.

Still every chance albeit unlikely. Nigeria beating Iceland tomorrow would still leave it in their hands. Then Croatia could draw or beat Iceland leaving the Argies just needing to beat Nigeria. That's the best scenario for them anyway.

Still too many variables.

Ideally they don't want Iceland to get a result tomorrow though. A draw would mean Croatia are guaranteed top, meaning they might rotate in the last game vs Iceland, giving Iceland every chance of winning.

Argentina were a complete shambles tonight. Toothless in attack and defensively were all at sea. Felt sorry for Aguero who had no service whatsoever.

Can they still realistically qualify ?

Fair play to Croatia tonight. That was probably best performance of the tournament.
Yes. Best result for them tomorrow would be Iceland and Nigeria drawing. That would leave them and Nigeria with one point and Iceland with two. If they beat Nigeria they will then hope iceland dont beat Croatia. If that happens they will finish second and will probably play either France or Denmark in the round of 16

Yes. Best result for them tomorrow would be Iceland and Nigeria drawing. That would leave them and Nigeria with one point and Iceland with two. If they beat Nigeria they will then hope iceland dont beat Croatia. If that happens they will finish second and will probably play either France or Denmark in the round of 16

Surely Nigeria winning would be the best result.

If they draw tomorrow, Croatia would be guaranteed top. Meaning they may rotate and throw away their game vs Iceland, not saying they would because they'll want momentum going into the knockouts but I think they would be less motivated.

Nigeria winning probably still means the above is still correct but it means Iceland can beat Croatia and Argentina would still have a 'chance'.

That was a shocking display by Argentina. They ended up lumping the ball up the field like a Sam Allardyce team. The manager looked like a gibbering wreck and that clearly transmitted to the players. France were not much better. The more I see the more I realise how spoiled we are with Pep. It has been noticeable for example how many keepers can't pass the ball (not just Cabellero) and how vital Ederson is to City. England look a technnically better team than Argentina..never thought I would see that.

What a shambles the Argies were

The general looked like the disaster waiting to happen we saw week in week out 2 years ago

Absolutely no creativity whatsoever in the team

Feel so sorry for Messi and Sergio as they will get slaughtered but they didn’t have a chance with absolutely nothing behind them

The Ronaldo bum boys will be full on now claiming he’s the best ever. Messi for me but it’s hard to ignore that he’s never achieved greatness at international level

Well it is when everyone keeps ignoring that he won the player of the tournament taking a rank average Argentina within a whisker of winning the thing in Brazil..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.