World Cup 2018 | 24th June | England vs Panama Match Thread, KO 13:00 (BST)

Can't help think a lot of people are getting carried away.
Yes lots of positives but we've only played Tunisia and Panama. The team is simply not good enough to win the world cup.

This is how every City fan looked at manyooo last season, even after them being unbeaten after 8 games.

Obviously, the polar opposite on RedCafe

We eased off at 6-0. Shocking!
And although Kane’s scored 5 goals in 2 games, he does fcuk all else.
You couldn’t make it up.

F*ck me.
He played an hour and scored a hat trick - what more else is he supposed to be doing ?
One of the best strikers England have ever had and still some moan

F*ck me.
He played an hour and scored a hat trick - what more else is he supposed to be doing ?
To be fair, he was pretty ineffectual yesterday (penalties aside). Same with Vardy and Sterling, which suggests this team isn't set up quite as well as it could be (despite the great result). These are all excellent players but I'm not convinced we're getting the best out of them in open play.

F*ck me.

Well they have a point, in that his general play isn’t the best. There was one point yesterday where he overhit a through ball for sterling that would have left him one on one. It wasn’t a difficult pass and Kane fucked it up.

The question what you want from your central striker is an interesting one. I think with Kane he doesn’t bring much else to the party but he scores goals. Has he missed a chance yet? And since goals are ultimately what the game is about, lots of people say ‘what more do you want’ with good reason. But likewise, if we are playing Spain or Brazil he isn’t going to be chasing and pressing and contributing like others in the team, even if you wouldn’t take him off with 20 minutes to go if you needed a goal.

Speaking for myself, he reminds me of Lineker. He didn’t contribute much in terms of general play, either, but he could score goals. One of the worst things Graham Taylor ever did was take Lineker off in his final match with about 30 minutes to go and England losing 2-1 against Sweden. He brought Alan Smith on in his place because ‘smith holds the ball up better’. Like I say, it’s about what you want your centre forward to do.

gplus1778169512.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.