World Cup 2018 | 7th July | QF: Sweden vs England Match Thread, KO 15:00 (BST)

MCFC1993

Keep the talk purely on the England-Sweden game and the post match Colombia stuff in the other thread.

SATURDAY 7TH JULY

SWEDEN VS ENGLAND

Match kicks off at 15:00 (BST) on BBC 1. Coverage starts at 14:15 (BST). Presented by Gary Lineker, pundits and commentators to be confirmed.

Come on then lets have it.

We know enough about both sides, Sweden topped their group but then scraped past Switzerland. England finished 2nd in their group and scraped past Colombia on penalties.

Sweden’s route to the Quarters:
iXUHXOf.png

England’s route to the Quarters:
PcEAWQR.png

And of course 1-1 vs Colombia, with us winning penalties.

Sweden’s goal scorers so far:
Granqvist (2).
Toivonen (1).
Augustinsson (1).
Forsberg (1).
Own Goal (1).

England’s goal scorers so far:
Kane (6).
Stones (2).
Lingard (1).

I'd start the exact same team that started vs Colombia if they're all fit. Alli looked the most injured, so maybe play Loftus-Cheek if Alli isn't fit.

Last edited:
As much as I want to believe we can do this I just don't see it.

W have played 4 games so far, barely got past Tunisia, Lost to a weak Belgium side although we also rested plenty of players and struggled against a poor Colombia side.
The only time we looked good was against a country more famous for it's canal than it's football.

I would be surprised if we get past Sweden but if we meet Brazil, Belgium or France we are going out.

I wouldn't back us against Russia to be truthful

W have played 4 games so far, barely got past Tunisia, Lost to a weak Belgium side although we also rested plenty of players and struggled against a poor Colombia side.
The only time we looked good was against a country more famous for it's canal than it's football.

I would be surprised if we get past Sweden but if we meet Brazil, Belgium or France we are going out.

Apart from the Belgium game which was two reserve teams playing each other, we’ve exceeded expectations. Belgium, France and France haven’t been better than England so far. There’s been no stand out team which shows how open this World Cup is.

Keep the talk purely on the England-Sweden game and the post match Colombia stuff in the other thread.

WORLD CUP 2018 – 7TH JULY

SWEDEN VS ENGLAND

Not sure on TV channel will be confirmed soon and I will put it in the title when it is.

Come on then lets have it.

We know enough about both sides, Sweden topped their group but then scraped past Switzerland. England finished 2nd in their group and scraped past Colombia on penalties.

Sweden’s route to the Quarters:
iXUHXOf.png

England’s route to the Quarters:
PcEAWQR.png

And of course 1-1 vs Colombia, with us winning penalties.

Sweden’s goal scorers so far:
Granqvist (2).
Toivonen (1).
Augustinsson (1).
Forsberg (1).
Own Goal (1).

England’s goal scorers so far:
Kane (6).
Stones (2).
Lingard (1).

I'd start the exact same team that started vs Colombia if they're all fit. Alli looked the most injured, so maybe play Loftus-Cheek if Alli isn't fit.
It's 15:00 on ITV, they have the afternoon quarter finals and BBC the evening ones.

not the end of the world though. If England make the semis that gives a fair amount of credibility back to the English national side, a big step forward if you will. most sides would of struggled with Colombia tonight because they were there to be physical, and they also have a bit of quality when willing to show it. Right direction for England and by the next world cup there could be some quality young midfielders to add to the likes of lane and sterling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.