World Cup every TWO years

Not really that unusual. Pep has dropped a lot of hints that he fancies a go at international football next. He could be England manager from the start of the 23/24 season and he would relish a World Cup every two years. And I , for one, would become a lot more invested in how England perform.
Hope you relished the investment.

Not really that unusual. Pep has dropped a lot of hints that he fancies a go at international football next. He could be England manager from the start of the 23/24 season and he would relish a World Cup every two years. And I , for one, would become a lot more invested in how England perform.
Very much doubt the FA would have the foresight, ambition or balls to appoint someone like Pep

Going back 50 years since they snubbed Brian Clough they've always opted for the grey gareth's. They only want yes men

I'm not someone who holds on to tradition for the sake of tradition. Actually I think football's general fear of change is incredibly stupid and a threat to the game.

However, I've not seen anyone come up with a single good reason to make it every 2 years yet. In fact the only reason good or bad seems to be money for FIFA.
I read an opinion (paraphrasing) that was something along the lines of: "If players get injured they have to wait 4 years to get another opportunity, or they might even miss out on ever playing in a World Cup altogether."

It's not my opinion, but I thought it was at least a decent argument.

Very much doubt the FA would have the foresight, ambition or balls to appoint someone like Pep

Going back 50 years since they snubbed Brian Clough they've always opted for the grey gareth's. They only want yes men
I have a gut feeling Pep will end up managing England. He has dropped more than a few hints and winning the World Cup with England would be an unbelievable feat...even for him. He has revolutionised English football and the national job is a logical step. I suspect he wants that challenge and he can't have the Spanish job because of politics.

I have a gut feeling Pep will end up managing England. He has dropped more than a few hints and winning the World Cup with England would be an unbelievable feat...even for him. He has revolutionised English football and the national job is a logical step. I suspect he wants that challenge and he can't have the Spanish job because of politics.
Brazil or England.

The talents coming through the English game is incredible, but not sur the FA has the balls to appoint Pep.

Go for this if they bin the Continental stuff, Euro's, African Nations etc.

World Cup every 2 years nothing else.

And Fuck Off these shitty International breaks.

Internationals played Mid Week like they always were.

Never happen but that's what I would want.

I can understand why Pep feels that way. If he's becoming an international manager, then it obviously benefits him.

I'm not entirely against the proposals to be honest. The current format is tired and does need refreshing. If it means games against San Marino and Andorra, plus friendlies, being replaced by less, but more competitive and meaningful games, then I'm all for it. There is too much clutter in the calendar and the issue with players flying all the way around the world, then playing for their clubs on the weekend, does need to be solved. I'm not sure a WC every 2 years is the solution, but the issues raised do need looking at.

Money money money. Money for smaller developing nations in the "global football family".
Of course we all know that means money to agents to middle men working for sponsors TV companies building companies.
More junkets for FIFA officals swanning round in the limos demanding their own traffic lane to get them to the stadiums from their 6* hotels.
...And presumably that will mean UEFA will want a Euros every 2 years as they couldnt possibly see FOIFA takign away their glory or diminishing their tournament....so more jollies for the suits.
...and then lets think....
Oh yes there are the players then!
Players at clubs in the prem will be flogged to death, it will be inhalers all round for everyone. High pressure prem league games, more champions league games (to create more money for UEFA) and then a tournament every summer.
Plus the fact I think even i would get a bit pissed off hearing "Footballs coming home" every summer.

I like league football a lot. And I like the World Cup too. WC qualifying alone takes up a lot of time and investment from footballers. The WC itself even moreso.

A once-every-two-years WC will kill off the Euros and other region specific competitions and/or would dramatically impact league play.

I like a once-every-four years WC with a staggered once-every-four years regional competition. I like the way it is now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.